LOL, yes it is...

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
        thats not a 1968!
        How do you reckon that?
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• haha

Smart cars are cute and tiny. That makes them great in the city. It also makes them the perfect fodder for vandals to flip over on a whim. Like in San Francisco right now.

We have heard about Smarts and other city cars being tipped or flipped in Europe and Canada, but not so much here in the USA. That's changed this weekend, with at least three Smarts getting flipped in SF in separate neighborhoods in the last 24 hours.

They were found either totally flipped or asses on the ground, head poking towards the sky. Is this cool or something we think is ok to do? No. Is it kinda funny? Yeah. Yeah it is kinda funny.

Smart cars are cute and tiny. That makes them great in the city. It also makes them the perfect fodder for vandals to flip over on a whim. Like in San Francisco right now.

Comment

• It's like standing a 4 wheeler on end, you get off and push it back over on it's wheels and continue on.

Comment

• Originally posted by scootro View Post
              thats not a 1968!
              It has 68' quarters on it (at least that left side is), and I think I see a rear side marker too.

What makes you think otherwise?
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                This will make you cry....

I call bullshit. You can see on the front fender were there used to be mustang letters and a lighter green paint color. The Bullet mustang was dark green and a gt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
                  That's appears to be an older engine (I don't need a CAFs panel or anything fancy like on the new trucks), and I'm sure the resale/blue book is horrible on one?

The guy that taught our auto extraction class works for metro fire, who sells trucks/engines and he was saying a rig without any of the gear or equipment was approx 800k. I could easily see north of a million after equipment. But again this may not exactly be true. Maybe some local FFs can chime in with more info?
                  The repair estimate will probably be about 40-50k and the engine is still in it's target maintenance period from what I understand. Thank god, if the fd had to buy a new engine in the next fy I doubt there would be any funding left for the rest of us. The most recent engine they bought was in the 600k range.

Comment

• I doubt thats the car. The bullet car was Moss green and that car looks to have been lime gold. Also that car has a 67 front fender and the bullet car was an S code car not an R code. There was no R code in 67.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by jleews6 View Post
                        I doubt thats the car. The bullet car was Moss green and that car looks to have been lime gold. Also that car has a 67 front fender and the bullet car was an S code car not an R code. There was no R code in 67.
                        It was Highland Green, not Moss.
                        According to that VIN, it is an S code. The second digit is for assembly plant (R= San Jose.
                        Lastly, a lot can happen in damn near 50 years. My fastback is black/black with a 5.0 and T-5. When I got it in 1996 it was black/red with a 289 and C4. When it was new it was blue/blue with a 289 and a 3spd manual.

Comment

• I dig how they drove it for what it was built for, but come on.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            How do you reckon that?
                            I had both a 67 and a 68, so I noticed the differences; at least with my particular ones.

1. The 68 has side marker lights at the front bottom of the fender.

2. The side emblems were different too.

Last edited by line-em-up; 04-07-2014, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                              I had a 67 and 68. The 68 has side marker lights at the front bottom of the fender.

The side emblems were different too.
                              Yeah but it's easy to swap a front fender, the rear 1/4 doesn't lie.

Comment

• Yea, I thought about that. I am assuming it was all original when he wrecked it.

EDIT: It also looks like it has no side panel vents behind the door. The 67 had them. The 68 didn't.
                                Last edited by line-em-up; 04-07-2014, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X