Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• The person that made that is a complete idiot.
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          The person that made that is a complete idiot.
          Looks like the work of someone trolling to me.
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

• Reagan was anti gun as hell.

Adam Winkler reminds us of something always worth remembering: Ronald Reagan advocated for gun control. Republicans in California eagerly supported increased gun control. Governor Reagan told reporters that afternoon that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems […]

Ronald Reagan once said that "an AK-47 is not a sporting weapon nor needed for defense of a home."

"Ronald Reagan once said that "an AK-47 is not a sporting weapon nor needed for home defense."

Lets not forget, he signed the machine gun ban.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
              The person that made that is a complete idiot.
              Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
              Looks like the work of someone trolling to me.
              Yes and no.

Reagan was never a staunch gun right supporter. He supported and passed several gun control measures. I doubt he would have ever supported CHL legislation. He also supported the Brady Bill

But look at that 2nd statement, "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will". Reagan wasn't speaking about problems between good and bad people. Those are the kinds of problems that sometimes call for the use of a gun. Reagan never opposed gun ownership outright. He acknowledged the rights of others to own guns for hunting, sport, and home defense. He however also greatly restricted the ownership of any fully automatic weapon with the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. That law was meant to prevent abuses from by the ATF but amendments added to it added the restrictions on fully automatic weapons..

So it was always a mixed back with Reagan when it came to gun rights. I think Gun right supporters bring this up because so many so called conservatives like to hold up Reagan as the model of conservatism. However Reagan would never move forward politically in what we call conservatism today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post

So it was always a mixed back with Reagan when it came to gun rights. I think Gun right supporters bring this up because so many so called conservatives like to hold up Reagan as the model of conservatism. However Reagan would never move forward politically in what we call conservatism today.
                Very, very well said.
                Originally posted by lincolnboy

Comment

• Headed west on 30 in Dallas. It's headed for you polutszki

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        Hood signs?

Comment

• Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          Reagan was anti gun as hell.

Adam Winkler reminds us of something always worth remembering: Ronald Reagan advocated for gun control. Republicans in California eagerly supported increased gun control. Governor Reagan told reporters that afternoon that he saw “no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons.” He called guns a “ridiculous way to solve problems […]

Ronald Reagan once said that "an AK-47 is not a sporting weapon nor needed for defense of a home."

"Ronald Reagan once said that "an AK-47 is not a sporting weapon nor needed for home defense."

Lets not forget, he signed the machine gun ban.

LOL here we go again.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            Yes and no.

Reagan was never a staunch gun right supporter. He supported and passed several gun control measures.

A little misleading. To my knowledge, he never supported or passed any gun control measures while he was in office. The only one I am aware of was the Hughes amendment, which was added at the last minute by a democrat to a bill he supported which was curtailing the authority of the ATF, basically loosening gun laws. The bill also had 80% support in the house and senate, and was veto proof.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• lol when you search crawford, tx in google, it brings up an obama bus with "CHANGE" as the thumbnail.

Comment

• "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X