Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dr visnich is being a bisnich

Comment

• Interestingly enough - he wrote it that way (unambiguous) so she would legally qualify for unemployment benefits and disability insurance and wouldn't have to maintain a minimum work presence while dealing with chemo. Her job was still available whenever she was able to return. He was doing a good thing for her.

Unfortunately for him, the social justice warriors on the internet have taken it literally and think he did it to be a dick.

A Pennsylvania doctor whose layoff of a worker with cancer started an online storm meant to help the woman get unemployment benefits, doctor’s lawyer says.

Comment

• I was thinking that something like this was at play, a true dick wouldn't take the time to craft a well-written letter, they'd just email her and tell her not to come to work anymore.

Comment

• According to the Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation Law, a person who is or becomes unemployed qualifies for compensation if he or she "is able to work and available for work."
          so is she able and available to work, making her eligible to receive compensation?
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

• No need to quote the picture, sport.
            We have a thread for this now.....
            Last edited by Rick Modena; 09-24-2014, 12:34 PM.

Comment

• Whoever started that new thread is dumb.

LOL
              Ded

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                so is she able and available to work, making her eligible to receive compensation?
                I think that differentiates unemployment compensation from disability compensation. She wasn't fired due to her inability to work, she was canned due to "business reasons." A RIF as opposed to firing for poor performance for example.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                    Whoever started that new thread is dumb.
                    Truth.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post

You spend WAY too much time hating Apple, and AT&T.
                      Originally posted by BradM
                      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• You can, and I have, bent my android phone just like that.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Im due for a new phone. Ive been a android guy forever but might just try a iphone this time around.

Comment

• And Apple still isn't first with that!

Skip to about 3:30
                            [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-W66HINFLg[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                              I wasn't verifying it's existence, rather stating I had seen something somebody randomly posted from 1600 miles away. Pretty rare I would say given the circumstances.

No!

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X