Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
    i feel we are related by more than just this website.....

god bless.

Comment

• Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      i feel we are related by more than just this website.....

god bless.
      Probably just from all of you tounge punching Talisman's fartbox

Comment

• When did it become acceptable to not indent the start of a paragraph? Or justify the column?

I was also taught you are supposed to add two spaces after a period at the end of a sentence. I learned recently from a professional published author that this is frowned upon now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
          When did it become acceptable to not indent the start of a paragraph? Or justify the column?

I was also taught you are supposed to add two spaces after a period at the end of a sentence. I learned recently from a professional published author that this is frowned upon now?
          I couldn't tell you the last time I indented for a new paragraph.

<--ignant / ignernt

Last edited by barronj; 12-17-2014, 10:51 AM.
          Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• I haven't indented in a long time. I prefer the cleaner look of no indention.

But I will forever put two spaces between sentences. My muscle memory simply won't allow otherwise. That shit was burned into my soul in 8th grade typing class.
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
              I was also taught you are supposed to add two spaces after a period at the end of a sentence.
              I've read that this is a good way to indirectly determine the age of a job applicant. Double space after a period is a generational thing and it will be assumed that you are mid 40s or older.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                I haven't indented in a long time. I prefer the cleaner look of no indention.

But I will forever put two spaces between sentences. My muscle memory simply won't allow otherwise. That shit was burned into my soul in 8th grade typing class.
                Yea, I have the same issue even though I know the reasons for double spacing are obsolete..

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                I've read that this is a good way to indirectly determine the age of a job applicant. Double space after a period is a generational thing and it will be assumed that you are mid 40s or older.
                I've read the same article on LinkedIn. I call BS but I still went back and changed it on my resume..

Comment

• I like to use two spaces sometimes, and one space other times in the same document, that way I throw off those pesky age discriminators!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                      I'm mid 30s and I was taught to double space after a sentence.But I got over it.

picture unrelated.

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Is it bad to feel sorry for the cheerleaders??

Comment

• Originally posted by Binky View Post
                              I used to think he was okay until I heard his leftist comedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                                I like to use two spaces sometimes, and one space other times in the same document, that way I throw off those pesky age discriminators!
                                What if you throw in an LOl or WTF every now and then? Won't that throw them off?

As for 2 spaces. I was taught that as well. It looks cleaner to me because it's easier to tell where the sentences are. I taught my kids to use 2 spaces too.

Comment

Working...
                                X