No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I worked in an electronics repair shop, we used to handle repairs for the rent to own places. I remember seeing paperwork attached to $50 VCRs that laid out the payment plan for the customer in the same fashion as that BMW sheet.

$50 VCR... $15 per week for a year = ~$780 total.

What surprised me is the company actually bringing them in for repair as opposed to just replacing them with new.

EDIT: and the guy with the BMW will probably try to sell it for $50K and claim it was a $70K car when it was new!

Comment

• I see that shit all the time, lol. That ain't shit.

I few weeks ago I saw a lady buy a new Dodge Durango RT, total of payments was $107,422, $1,491/month for 6 years for a Durango.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I see that shit all the time, lol. That ain't shit.

I few weeks ago I saw a lady buy a new Dodge Durango RT, total of payments was $107,422, $1,491/month for 6 years for a Durango.
        Good fucking God!!!!

Comment

I see that shit all the time, lol. That ain't shit.

What are the odds not a single payment is made?

Comment

• that's just disgusting that a dealership/bank would even approve something like that.
            http://www.amazon.com/Viralution-Don...don+kehlenbeck

www.facebook.com/TheViralution

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                that's just disgusting that a dealership/bank would even approve something like that.
                lol @ dealership, please. A dealer will take every damn bit of your down payment like it was never even there if you let them.

As for the bank, if people want the car, and they can afford the payments, and have a history of making payments like that we will finance them. People with bad credit and good taste pay for the luxury of driving cars like that. They are high risk, and high risk = high rates, it's just business.

As for the contract posted above on that M3, that borrower had shitty credit, and got hit with a state max rate, and judging by the rate specifically, it looks like they got the usury. People with 520 ficos should not be buying BMW M3's. The series of bad decisions that got them to that interest rate is the same never ending chain that will make them sign that contract. Some people just simply cannot budget their money, and the cost of having full-time collectors baby and coddle you into making payments is expensive.
                Last edited by CJ; 02-26-2015, 08:48 PM.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                  I'll loan out money at that rate

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                    You can't, white man. They operate outside of federal restrictions because they are not technically under them. They claim tribal sovereign immunity. 21 US states disagree with that.

Comment

You can't, white man. They operate outside of federal restrictions because they are not technically under them. They claim tribal sovereign immunity. 21 US states disagree with that.
                      Can't you default on them without getting in trouble?

EDIT: Found it. If their terms violate your state's usury laws, you may be able to tell them to get bent, since you may not have an enforceable contract.
                      Last edited by YALE; 02-27-2015, 01:20 AM.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Trust me, they have people lining up for those loans.

Folks that equate the cost of something by how much their payment is just baffles me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baba Ganoush View Post
                          Trust me, they have people lining up for those loans.

Folks that equate the cost of something by how much their payment is just baffles me.
                          It's the same kind of people that have no idea what the unit cost number is on the grocery price labels. Without dumb people many of us on this forum would not have jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                            Can't you default on them without getting in trouble?
                            I have a drop a Indian blood in me.I get pretty drak brown in the summer does that count?

Comment

I have a drop a Indian blood in me.I get pretty drak brown in the summer does that count?
                              You quoted the wrong honkey, Runs With Scissors.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by tribaltalon View Post
                                that's just disgusting that a dealership/bank would even approve something like that.

Have you ever taken a look at the interest you're paying on your mortgage ( assuming you have one)? That's downright criminal imo.

Comment

Working...
                                X