• Show
Clear All

• One of the biggest scams ever perpetrated. ^^

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
      One of the biggest scams ever perpetrated. ^^
      how's that?

Comment

• That's how I built my entire record collection. Join for a $1 get 11, write letter that minor could not be held to contract, rejoin with different name....repeat over and over

Comment

• Comment

• Lmao, forgot about that. What happened to Archie/USA?

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              how's that?
              You sign up and start getting CD's. (In my day it was CD's, not records) Then they send you a bill, and it's way more than a $1.00. Then you don't pay because well that's not what was promised, then it fucks up your credit. There was a Class Action Lawsuit about it. I never bought any, but I know several who got screwed from that shit.

Comment

• Archie is at Dallas Mustang, I believe. Leon is with Josh at JKS and still working at the Pizza Inn on 67 in Midlothian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post

... ten years later
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Nice!

Comment

• Lmao!!
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
                        You sign up and start getting CD's. (In my day it was CD's, not records) Then they send you a bill, and it's way more than a $1.00. Then you don't pay because well that's not what was promised, then it fucks up your credit. There was a Class Action Lawsuit about it. I never bought any, but I know several who got screwed from that shit.
                        In my day it was buy x amount of records for a penny with an agreement of buying x amount of records at their price within a set period of time and if agreement was not met they would charge ridiculous amount for x amnount of records bought for a penny.

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny View Post
                            Reminds me of hanging out\cruising Ennis. I used to drool over Derwin and Emmett's cars. Lol

Comment

• Didn't Leon's car have a pink blower? Lol. Who was it that had the fake Leon screen name on the old site? Bryan Sharer?

Comment

• I thought I recognized Archie.
                                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Working...
                                X