X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Anyone have one of those VHS --> DVD converters?

I forgot I had these until I was looking for something else at the bottom of my bookshelf last night.

After a military career (RIO in F-4s) a an uncle of mine became an electrical engineer and specialized in guidance systems at TI and then Raytheon. Growing up I remember him showing us cool videos whenver we would visit my grandparents' house, and he would give me patches and hats... of course when you're like 9 or 10 yrs old it's just cool as shit and you don't really know what you're looking at other than planes and explosions. I remember that there are shots from stationary ground cameras, chase planes, etc.

Anyway, these are early 90s (1993-1994) test videos from China Lake. I need to get them digitized. On bottom one STV-F1 stands for "Structural Test Vehicle Free Flight"

I've done some digging on some of this:

One vid is early in the testing and one is the first successful launch of the missile which marked test success.

Following successful completion of the first JSOW launch the Conventional Weapons Program Manager (PMA-201) for JSOW had this to say (NAWCWD, 1995):
          “My congratulations to the entire JSOW TEAM. Our successful flight of STV-F1 on December 13th marks the culmination of lots of hard work to meet a challenge to fly before the Christmas holidays. You all did it! JSOW has spread its wings!
          Very Respectfully, J.V. Chenevey (The Proud PMA of JSOW)”
          At the completion of DT-IIA, much was yet to be done to make JSOW fully operational. The DT-IIB phase of flight testing commenced immediately upon completion of the first launch, and the first Advanced Development Model (ADM) version of JSOW was launched on 15 March 1995 (TI, 17 March 1995). Following ten out of eleven successful launches, DT-IIB was completed in December of 1995. Operational Testing (OT) commenced in February 1997, and following 42 for 44 successful launch tests, OT completed later that same year. As a result of fleet demand, JSOW test articles were deployed aboard USS Nimitz in 1997, and those test articles were transferred ship-to-ship to remain in the combat theater until replaced with production models. In December of 1998, the Raytheon Company (now the parent company of Texas Instruments) was awarded the Full Rate Production (FRP) contract for the first lot of JSOW

I think I posted this pic before - too lazy to go check

Here's a 2014 vid Raytheon made about these JSOW and HARM.
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

• I think Costco does the Vhs-DVD conversion at their photo counter.

Comment

• The duck hunting was almost as fun as the ride getting there & back

Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Anyone have one of those VHS --> DVD converters?

I forgot I had these until I was looking for something else at the bottom of my bookshelf last night.

After a military career (RIO in F-4s) a an uncle of mine became an electrical engineer and specialized in guidance systems at TI and then Raytheon. Growing up I remember him showing us cool videos whenver we would visit my grandparents' house, and he would give me patches and hats... of course when you're like 9 or 10 yrs old it's just cool as shit and you don't really know what you're looking at other than planes and explosions. I remember that there are shots from stationary ground cameras, chase planes, etc.

Anyway, these are early 90s (1993-1994) test videos from China Lake. I need to get them digitized. On bottom one STV-F1 stands for "Structural Test Vehicle Free Flight"

I've done some digging on some of this:

One vid is early in the testing and one is the first successful launch of the missile which marked test success.

I think I posted this pic before - too lazy to go check

Here's a 2014 vid Raytheon made about these JSOW and HARM.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pu_PKpEhqU
                  Cool stuff. Bring to the whiskey fest for entertainment.

David

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
                    Cool stuff. Bring to the whiskey fest for entertainment.

David
                    Good call!

Comment

• When is the whiskey fest??

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          When is the whiskey fest??
                          No discussion yet. After the holidays, prob?

Comment

Comment

• "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• lol

Comment

Working...
                                X