No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are no lines like that at Blacks on Barton Springs Road. The line at Cooper's was due to it being lunch hour in downtown Austin. I will never be found standing in line waiting for Franklin's, but you can drive by Franklin's at 8:30 or 9 in the morning and see people with nothing better to do standing out front.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• I have never in my life had BBQ at a restaurant that was worth waiting very long for.

But there used to be these two black dudes that sold brisket at the Continental Club on Saturday nights that was other level. It would be worth waiting for if that were the only way to get it.

The younger dude was the pit master of the two. This dude did nothing but sell brisket. He just smoked and sold whole briskets. Pure cash hustle. I would have no problem paying $200 for one of his briskets if I could get a hold of him.

I'm telling you the shit was insane

Originally posted by Frank View Post
      I don't get what it is with BBQ places that people are willing to wait in a long line just to eat. I just don't buy into all the hype of things like that. I think sometimes "some" people are just saying how awesome the BBQ was, because they don't want to admit they stood in line for something that wasn't much better than anywhere else.
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        I have never in my life had BBQ at a restaurant that was worth waiting very long for.

But there used to be these two black dudes that sold brisket at the Continental Club on Saturday nights that was other level. It would be worth waiting for if that were the only way to get it.

The younger dude was the pit master of the two. This dude did nothing but sell brisket. He just smoked and sold whole briskets. Pure cash hustle. I would have no problem paying $200 for one of his briskets if I could get a hold of him.

I'm telling you the shit was insane
        You talking about the Continental Club here in Houston? I had some BBQ that a couple black dudes in the back were selling, and it was amazing.

Have you tried Killen's in Pearland? I went during the week and there was no line, and it was pretty incredible.
        2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post
          You talking about the Continental Club here in Houston? I had some BBQ that a couple black dudes in the back were selling, and it was amazing.

Have you tried Killen's in Pearland? I went during the week and there was no line, and it was pretty incredible.
          Killen's is absolutely worth the trip, and the wait on the weekends isn't that bad considering the free beer while you wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
            Blacks line is never that long, ...
            BLM = Black's lines matter

Comment

• Originally posted by txsr20de View Post

Yes and no

Yes, the CC in Houston. The younger dude's name at the Continental Club was/is Troy. That shit was unreal, no?

I haven't tried Killen's. I've heard of it. I've just pretty much always been kinda let down by every BBQ joint that anybody ever said was a must try.

I'm sure I'll check it out one of these days eventually

Comment

• Did you not read, FREE BEER!!

Comment

• Comment

• Someone must have been butthurt by one of the originals.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                      Did you not read, FREE BEER!!
                      I'm on the wagon, so...

Comment

• Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                            Damn hovering jeeps.
                            That jeep wasn't hovering. It was beating the air into submission.

Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                              Damn hovering jeeps.
                              DARPA has always been cutting edge.
                              Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              That jeep wasn't hovering. It was beating the air into submission.
                              LOL!

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex C View Post
                                Holy lmao. That is hilarious and depressing all at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                                X