Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
        He has 6 testes without them.
        2 in each hand and 2 on his chin?

Comment

Comment

• Lmao

Comment

• Just saw this, pretty bad mofo if he was in the field for all 3.

Comment

• My grandfather was in the army for WWII and then switched to the air force for Korea and Vietnam. The only three war vet I have personally met.

Comment

• pretty cool

So, when ships come in to port, they don't bring themselves in. A Pilot boat goes out to meet them a few miles off shore, the "little" Pilot boat sidles up alongside the big ship, a pilot steps off the pilot boat and on to the ladder on the side of the ship, climbs up/boards, and takes control of the helm. He (the Pilot who boarded) becomes the captain, and gets the boat through the channels and to the proper dock. A friend is one of those Pilots, and sent me this shot of him turning the ship in the turning basin, then backing it in to port. A 600' ship.

The boat they ride out to board (Pilot boat)

The ship outlined in trail (lays an outline of the ship's position every couple of seconds)

The job:
                  Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                    My grandfather was in the army for WWII and then switched to the air force for Korea and Vietnam. The only three war vet I have personally met.
                    My first JROTC instructor was a retired Army 1SG. He served in all three, from 1942 to 1968. He was the very definition of "grizzled".
                    Originally posted by barronj View Post
                    So, when ships come in to port, they don't bring themselves in. A Pilot boat goes out to meet them a few miles off shore, the "little" Pilot boat sidles up alongside the big ship, a pilot steps off the pilot boat and on to the ladder on the side of the ship, climbs up/boards, and takes control of the helm. He (the Pilot who boarded) becomes the captain, and gets the boat through the channels and to the proper dock. A friend is one of those Pilots, and sent me this shot of him turning the ship in the turning basin, then backing it in to port. A 600' ship.

The boat they ride out to board (Pilot boat)
                    In the Navy, the harbor pilot is brought out the carriers by helo when entering port, and returned by helo when the ship departs.. That's really the only practical way to do it for carriers.
                    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      In the Navy, the harbor pilot is brought out the carriers by helo when entering port, and returned by helo when the ship departs.. That's really the only practical way to do it for carriers.
                      In the Navy, on SUBMARINES, the pilot is brought on a small boat like originally posted, returns when we dock and is the first to walk across the brow.
                      Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Denny
                            The shortest duration possible would be 1945 - 1962. It is possible.
                            WW2 they wasn't checking ages real close,

Calvin Leon Graham (April 3, 1930 – November 6, 1992) was the youngest U.S. serviceman to serve and fight during World War II. Following the attack on Pearl Harbor, he enlisted in the United States Navy from Houston, Texas on August 15, 1942, at the age of 12.

Comment

• Originally posted by sig239 View Post
                              WW2 they wasn't checking ages real close,

Calvin Leon Graham (April 3, 1930 – November 6, 1992) was the youngest U.S. serviceman to serve and fight during World War II. Following the attack on Pearl Harbor, he enlisted in the United States Navy from Houston, Texas on August 15, 1942, at the age of 12.
                              I have met a few 12 year olds that could pass for much older. I know one boy that is 6 foot and looks every bit of 16 at least. I've seen some girls that were 12 and looked much older.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
                                I have met a few 12 year olds that could pass for much older.

That's what Denny said.

Comment

Working...
                                X