No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on in the picture? Looks like the pitcher is about to pitch.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      What's going on in the picture? Looks like the pitcher is about to pitch.

Comment

• Ah, I didn't really think it to be all that out-of-the-ordinary. I guess I'm officially jaded.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• that Astros 5-3 win tho.

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

• When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                  IIRC, its a 1/2 & 1/2 system. Charged at low rpm, till the turbos pressure overcomes the chager's pressure.
                  That's pretty much how any compound boost system works but if you look at the picture you can see the turbos feed into the rear of the bird catcher. If the catchers three butterflys are open then the turbos would just vent to the atmosphere.
                  Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
                    That's pretty much how any compound boost system works but if you look at the picture you can see the turbos feed into the rear of the bird catcher. If the catchers three butterflys are open then the turbos would just vent to the atmosphere.
                    Seems to me an it would close the butterflys and then the carbs would take over? I don't know, though.

Comment

• Carbs are always in play. Thats how you get fuel in there and control throttle. The problem is the chamber the turbos would need to pressurize is not sealed. Compound that with if the chamber is open (the three butterflys) then that is extra air without fuel which would cause the car to run lean.
                      I just dont see how that system works.
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                          That car was way ahead of its time. was at our booth at goodguys 3-4 years ago
                          If you look closely at the top of the pic, you can see the twin tubes connected to the bug catcher.
                          Wanna bet that the bug catcher is sealed, and the butterflys are non-op?

Comment

• Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
                            If you look closely at the top of the pic, you can see the twin tubes connected to the bug catcher.
                            Wanna bet that the bug catcher is sealed, and the butterflys are non-op?
                            Butterflies are operational but there is a block off plate behind them painted black. It is a sealed hat behind them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post

Well..... Guess he can't pull'em up any higher. But as a side note....sure would make a restroom break a real pain.

Comment

• Originally posted by kobuzz View Post
                                Butterflies are operational but there is a block off plate behind them painted black. It is a sealed hat behind them.
                                Ah. So that part is purely cosmetic. Makes more sense now.

Comment

Working...
                                X