Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
    OK that's cool as fuck.

Did you see any of the GBR die off / bleaching that's been so hyped lately?
    That's the north end:
    A survey of reefs off Townsville in north Queensland finds an increase in the amount of coral despite the recent bleaching event on the Great Barrier Reef.

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      OK that's cool as fuck.

Did you see any of the GBR die off / bleaching that's been so hyped lately?
      Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
      That's the north end:
      A survey of reefs off Townsville in north Queensland finds an increase in the amount of coral despite the recent bleaching event on the Great Barrier Reef.

http://www.aims.gov.au/docs/media/la..._col_count%3D1
      No, I didn't. I can't remember the specific numbers but it was a relatively small area that saw a high level of bleaching. So instead of "80% of the GBR is bleached" it is more like 80% of a certain area. When the stats were spouted off, I remember thinking "that's not near as bad as I thought."

The figures may be in the link provided, that I quoted but I have to make a quick run to Taco Bueno for a late bite. I will read it when I get back.

If anyone recalls, I posted a thread about SCUBA and unfortunately I became interested too late to get certified before my trip. But I lucked out and they offered introductory classes to SCUBA so I was able to dive twice at the GBR. Once with arms hooked into an instructed as we swam together and another swimming freely but in a follow the leader fashion. It was AMAZING.

I took over 900 photos but didnt want to post too much if folks didn't want to see.

Comment

• My dad died in Queensland last year, he did say it was an awesome place.

Comment

• Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          My dad died in Queensland last year, he did say it was an awesome place.
          Is there a story behind this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
            Yes. He also shagged hot Australian chicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              Yes. He also shagged hot Australian chicks.
              SVO's sloppy seconds?
              Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Candidate for El Paso County Sheriff

Our very close friend and fellow veteran SMJ (RET) Tom Buchino is taking a stand for integrity and running for Sherrif of El Paso County. Tom spent 23 years active duty in the U.S Army, most of which was spent in the Special Forces community and is a Silver Star Recipient.

After leaving the Army, Tom spent the last 10 years training this country's elite warriors both from the law enforcement and special operations community. Now he is trying to make a difference in our local community, and bring his expertise and combat tested leadership to the streets of our city. Tom has received a unanimous endorsement from both the El Paso Sheriff's Association and the PD Association.

Not only is he a friend, but a mentor to our crew. We back him 100% and are very excited to see a veteran attempt this amazing feat. If you would like to offer support and encouragement please roll over to his page, Buchino for Sheriff of El Paso County and let him know we are all behind him!

Comment

• I like that camo with the convo's look.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                    SVO's sloppy seconds?
                    Aren't they all?
                    Originally posted by stevo
                    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• I dig it, but at the same time dont want even more militarized police. My fear would be his career would lead him to see everyone as combatants not citizens.

Comment

• Where he's running, few are citizens.
                        Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                        There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Not really, he met a lady on the net and finally made it over to meet her. He was about a month into his 90 day visa and had a heart attack that took him almost instantly from what his lady friend explained. He was happier in that month than I can remember him being or sounding in a very long number of years. Aside from the strict gun laws and poisonous snakes he really liked the area he was in.

Enjoy life while you can and make the best of it.

Comment

• Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X