No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <----- Grew up in NC (with family in Concord ironically) and hated seeing those cars back then. They had a small number of those mustangs, and their only purpose was to catch people speeding. Didn't look to see if this one was authentic or not, but the real ones were always hiding under a bridge, in some tall grass in the median, or behind an entrance ramp. They lived to run someone down wo was speeding.

Comment

• Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
      <----- Grew up in NC (with family in Concord ironically) and hated seeing those cars back then. They had a small number of those mustangs, and their only purpose was to catch people speeding. Didn't look to see if this one was authentic or not, but the real ones were always hiding under a bridge, in some tall grass in the median, or behind an entrance ramp. They lived to run someone down wo was speeding.
      There's a popular old police chase video from a dashcam in a 5.0 and the officer tells the perp over the loud speaker "you don't have a chance, I'm in a 5.0". I don't remember the exact verbiage but it always cracks me up because there was a time when having a 5.0 meant you could catch just about anything on the road.

Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
        There's a popular old police chase video from a dashcam in a 5.0 and the officer tells the perp over the loud speaker "you don't have a chance, I'm in a 5.0". I don't remember the exact verbiage but it always cracks me up because there was a time when having a 5.0 meant you could catch just about anything on the road.
        It is still true if you have $5000 and a 5.0.

CN

Comment

• Originally posted by CyaNide View Post
          It is still true if you have $5000 and a 5.0.

CN
          Police "five oh" moniker origin?

Unrelated:
          WH

Comment

• Comment

• Would better to have Hitlarry pictured instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                Police "five oh" moniker origin?
                It came about before the coupe:
                The police in general or a police officer, taken from the 60's police drama "Hawaii 5-0"
                Ah, shit! Slow down! A five-oh set up a speed trap up ahead!

sauce
                Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• I was wondering where the show got it from, and it's because Hawaii is the 50th state, this the cops announcing themselves as "Police, 5-0" on the show. For that that don't care to google-fu.

Comment

• Dead or Alive front-man Pete Burns then & now.

Comment

• Comment

• These plates are still on my shop wall.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                              Yeah, he was after an old thunderbird turbo coupe, which no, doesn't have a chance.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X