Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
      Other than the flaming death and smoke inhalation, that would be a kick ass job to have.
      G'Day Mate

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
        Other than the flaming death and smoke inhalation, that would be a kick ass job to have.
        Well, every job has its downsides.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
          This is how I imagine Yale in Colorado.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
              It's crossed my mind for sure.

Book recommendation of the week: Fire Season: Field Notes from a Wilderness Lookout

Comment

• Paratrooper Forrest Fire Fighter sounds like the most badass job in the world.

Comment

• Oil platform Bullwinkle being towed out to sea. At the time of its construction, it was supposedly the largest man-made structure in the world.
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Damn that thing is huge!

Is that in Port A Texas?
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      Paratrooper Forrest Fire Fighter sounds like the most badass job in the world.
                      They are hiring in Oregon

Comment

• Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        Damn that thing is huge!

Is that in Port A Texas?
                        Yep, Ingleside/Port A

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            Yep, Ingleside/Port A
                            I was almost positive it was, as I've been on that ferry many, many times. I also have been stuck in that line of traffic to get back across from the Port A side. There isn't much traffic coming from Aransas Pass but getting back over always sucks. I just drive back through to Mustang Island and come back to Corpus that way, which is slightly longer way, but fuck it! You can see how far down that loop in the lower picture, that line seems like it's a mile long when you get stuck in the back on the Port A side.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                              Paratrooper Forrest Fire Fighter sounds like the most badass job in the world.
                              They are called smoke jumpers around here.

The non-profit National Smokejumper Association is dedicated to preserving the history of airborne firefighters of the past and providing a voice for today's smokejumpers.

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Working...
                                X