Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post

Anyone know the time period all these types of paintings are set in?
    WH

Comment

• Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      Art is subjective, not unlike automobiles. Picture someone buying $1 million McLaren and another person looking at it and saying it's just a fucking car with four wheels getting from a to B, here's a Mustang that does the same thing.

David
      Or someone saying they could buy 2,000 fox bodies for the price of that McLaren.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Comment

• Isn't Fort Worth Fifi's home base?
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
              You like realism. There are other forms of art as well. Lol at getting angry about it.
              Not angry about it, just saying that I don't get it.

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
              Art is subjective, not unlike automobiles. Picture someone buying $1 million McLaren and another person looking at it and saying it's just a fucking car with four wheels getting from a to B, here's a Mustang that does the same thing.

David
              True. I think the SN95 mustang is one of the better looking ones, but no one else does.

Comment

• Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                Isn't Fort Worth Fifi's home base?
                Yeah, you're right. She's owned by the CAF. Restoration was in Midland, then housed in Addison for a few years, but Meacham is home now.

Comment

• I like them big sofa-sized paintings you get for $60 at the convention center sales.

And velvet Elvises (Elvii?)
                  "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    I'll never understand art. It doesn't look like anything, no talent at all, that shit might as well be an ATF stain on my garage floor after a transmission swap, yet it's worth all the money.
                    Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    This is talent, you can actually tell what the fuck he was trying to do. That Monet looks like someone got shitfaced drunk, dropped some acid and tried to paint a tree.
                    I'm not here to tell you what to like, but maybe the Monet shot I picked was not the best. To me, heavy/thick oil paintings are just fucking awesome. Up close they're a total shitshow, but when you step back you get some greatness. Here's another Monet

There's some stuff in the "early Monet" exhibit that's fucking incredible (the way that dude could paint water is mindblowing), but I couldn't get any pics - they were ready to beat some ass for photography.

There's one at the exhibit called "Towing of a Boat at Honfleur." Here's what it looks like on the internet, but seeing oil paintings like this in person is just something else. Sure, now we have 20MP cameras on our phones, but for someone to paint something like this is pretty intense.

Or another called "The Magpie." On a screen it looks like shit, but in person, to be able to see each brush stroke in the thick oil paint yet still be able to step back and see how he captured winter...

The colors in those pictures is not right... it's just not the same.
                    I do agree though, some art is just plain stupid. The fact that stuff like this is in a museum makes me question why I try so hard at other things in life.

Blah, here's some other pics from some more places I went today

Cavanaugh Flight Museum

Frontiers of Flight Museum

George W Bush Presidential Library

Sid Richardson Museum

Last edited by Strychnine; 12-17-2016, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Matt, right?

Thanks for reminding me how shallow of a human being I am, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                        I'm not here to tell you what to like, but maybe the Monet shot I picked was not the best. To me, heavy/thick oil paintings are just fucking awesome. Up close they're a total shitshow, but when you step back you get some greatness. Here's another Monet

There's some stuff in the "early Monet" exhibit that's fucking incredible (the way that dude could paint water is mindblowing), but I couldn't get any pics - they were ready to beat some ass for photography.

There's one at the exhibit called "Towing of a Boat at Honfleur." Here's what it looks like on the internet, but seeing oil paintings like this in person is just something else. Sure, now we have 20MP cameras on our phones, but for someone to paint something like this is pretty intense.

Or another called "The Magpie." On a screen it looks like shit, but in person, to be able to see each brush stroke in the thick oil paint yet still be able to step back and see how he captured winter...

The colors in those pictures is not right... it's just not the same.
                        I do agree though, some art is just plain stupid. The fact that stuff like this is in a museum makes me question why I try so hard at other things in life.

Blah, here's some other pics from some more places I went today

Those are much better.

Comment

• Now that's an ornament.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by homealone View Post
                              Now that's an ornament.

That is awesome!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaux View Post
                                That'll definitely spice up someone's meal. An explosion of flavor.

Comment

Working...
                                X