Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by red89notch View Post
    Isn't Fort Worth Fifi's home base?
    In the 80s it was based at an airport by my school. My grandmother was very involved in the CAF and I crawled all through that plane in my early teens. Until a few years ago I did not know that it was the same plane and was quite startled when I found out. My grandmother died in 96 and I do not know if she ever got to fly in it despit helping work on it for many years.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

• sigpic

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            I'll never understand art. It doesn't look like anything, no talent at all, that shit might as well be an ATF stain on my garage floor after a transmission swap, yet it's worth all the money.
            Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            It's shit, there is nothing more to say.
            Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            I think the SN95 mustang is one of the better looking ones,
            Well...

Some art is not literal, it is intended to be interpreted by the viewer. Like Mondrian
            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              I'm not here to tell you what to like, but maybe the Monet shot I picked was not the best. To me, heavy/thick oil paintings are just fucking awesome. Up close they're a total shitshow, but when you step back you get some greatness. Here's another Monet
              Exactly! Monet is easily my favorite artist, but I love most impressionism. And yeah, I love heavy brush strokes and globs of paint!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Exactly! Monet is easily my favorite artist, but I love most impressionism. And yeah, I love heavy brush strokes and globs of paint!
                Paint something. Then post it up
                WH

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  Yeah, paint a weight rack and post it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamLX View Post
                    Yeah, paint a weight rack and post it up.
                    A wooden one at that!

Comment

Frank Lloyd Wright is my favorite artist. Monet is my favorite Impressionist. Having lived in Chicago for a few years, I got the best of both worlds. The Art Institute of Chicago has the largest collection of Impressionist paintings in the world, and Chicago is a mecca of Frank Lloyd Wright stuff, since he had lived in the area for so long. I actually got married at the Frank Lloyd Wright Unity Temple in Oak Park, IL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        I've only painted once, and was really just getting drunk on wine with a bunch of women..

Eta: the extent of my art career..

Last edited by Chili; 12-19-2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                          Frank Lloyd Wright is my favorite artist. Monet is my favorite Impressionist. Having lived in Chicago for a few years, I got the best of both worlds. The Art Institute of Chicago has the largest collection of Impressionist paintings in the world, and Chicago is a mecca of Frank Lloyd Wright stuff, since he had lived in the area for so long. I actually got married at the Frank Lloyd Wright Unity Temple in Oak Park, IL.
                          Well at least something good came out of Chicago..

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                            Frank Lloyd Wright is my favorite artist.
                            Interesting to hear that. I have four shelves on my bookcase dedicated to architecture and FLW is obviously among them. He's not my absolute favorite but his work is amazing and his legacy and influence are second to none.

My favorite of his buildings is the VC Morris Gift Shop in SF. I should have added it to our list of things to see on the road trip years ago. We actually DID stop to see the Marin County Civic Center in San Rafael.

What a masterful job he did of making you wonder what's inside...
                            Last edited by 46Tbird; 05-08-2018, 08:29 AM.
                            When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                              Interesting to hear that. I have four shelves on my bookcase dedicated to architecture and FLW is obviously among them. He's not my absolute favorite but his work is amazing and his legacy and influence are second to none.

My favorite of his buildings is the VC Morris Gift Shop in SF. I should have added it to our list of things to see on the road trip years ago. We actually DID stop to see the Marin County Civic Center in San Rafael.

So... What's inside?

Comment

Well at least something good came out of Chicago..
                                Agreed.

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post

I remember reading that post....half a decade ago. LOL! Looks like it was a fun trip. The Unity Temple was awesome from every angle, inside and out. The shitty part is that it had been starting to fall apart and they were having a hard time raising money to get it restored and back up to snuff. Felt like it was an awesome option for a small ~10 person wedding that came with story attached that could be handed down through the generations.

Comment

Working...
                                X