Clear All

• Comment

• Winter storm get it?
      "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

• Originally posted by dee View Post
        Winter storm get it?
        Yup. Lots of flooding washed out some ground which didn't help

Over the weekend, a powerful winter storm slammed into California and Nevada, prompting flooding and mudslides in some regions. The Associated Press reports it might be the biggest storm to hit the region in more than a decade.

On Sunday, a volunteer at the state park reported that Pioneer Cabin had not survived.

"When I went out there [Sunday afternoon], the trail was literally a river, the trail was washed out. I could see the tree on the ground, it looked like it was laying in a pond or lake with a river running through it.

The tree had been weakening and leaning severely to one side for several years. It was barely alive, there was one branch alive at the top, but it was very brittle and starting to lift."

Here it is in 1899

It was the last tunneled sequoia. There are 3 tunneled coastal redwoods left.

Comment

• Damnit. My stop at one in the 356

Comment

• ^^ Nice car!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
              Damnit. My stop there in the 356
              You're still good! I should have put a name in the last post...
              Chandelier is one of the redwoods. The felled tree was Pioneer Cabin, a sequoia in Calaveras (Arnold, CA)

And that pic is badass!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Damn, I have a pic of my grandmother at that tree in the 70s..
                    Last edited by Scott Mc; 01-10-2017, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Last edited by barronj; 01-13-2017, 09:26 AM.
                              Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• That is my buddies jeep mike

Comment

Working...
                                X