No announcement yet.

Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An irony that parallels my post is this little diddy- I took Ride Fare (a ride sharing co) home on Thursday night because I was too buzzed to drive home safely. I took another Fare back to my truck the next day, hopped out, trotted off to my truck without realizing I'd left my keys in the Fare's prius. I turn around and he's gone. I file a report of a lost item on their site. Nothing happens. Wife lost the spare. I call a locksmith who charges $160 to come out and cut a new key for the truck. Basic key with chip, but no other functions, doesn't even unlock the doors, just starts the truck (i have keyless entry though, but if battery died, I'd be fucked, again). Saturday, hit up customer support again, nothing. Sunday ditto, Monday ditto, Tuesday ditto. I'm losing hope. I scour their web site and find an address where drivers are instructed to return lost items, so I go there. Nada, they've moved, and the receptionist doesn't know where they've been, only has a web address to give people. I go to the address, it gives me two choices- sign up to drive or report an issue b/c I'm a driver. I signed up to drive, got a meeting with them within 30 minutes, found their new address, walk in to the interview and tell them my story. They called my driver, he had my keys, and was 10 minutes away. I don't know if i'd have ever gotten them back otherwise.

TLDR, lost keys in cab and had to become a cabbie to get keys back.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

• Originally posted by barronj View Post
      An irony that parallels my post is this little diddy- I took Ride Fare (a ride sharing co) home on Thursday night because I was too buzzed to drive home safely. I took another Fare back to my truck the next day, hopped out, trotted off to my truck without realizing I'd left my keys in the Fare's prius. I turn around and he's gone. I file a report of a lost item on their site. Nothing happens. Wife lost the spare. I call a locksmith who charges $160 to come out and cut a new key for the truck. Basic key with chip, but no other functions, doesn't even unlock the doors, just starts the truck (i have keyless entry though, but if battery died, I'd be fucked, again). Saturday, hit up customer support again, nothing. Sunday ditto, Monday ditto, Tuesday ditto. I'm losing hope. I scour their web site and find an address where drivers are instructed to return lost items, so I go there. Nada, they've moved, and the receptionist doesn't know where they've been, only has a web address to give people. I go to the address, it gives me two choices- sign up to drive or report an issue b/c I'm a driver. I signed up to drive, got a meeting with them within 30 minutes, found their new address, walk in to the interview and tell them my story. They called my driver, he had my keys, and was 10 minutes away. I don't know if i'd have ever gotten them back otherwise.

TLDR, lost keys in cab and had to become a cabbie to get keys back.
      Wow, that's fucking ridiculous!

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            Wow, that's fucking ridiculous!
            cliffs?
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• See TLDR

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                cliffs?
                Damnit, I mixed up the avatars and was about to write, "shit, don't act like Rodney! Read the damn thing you lazy fuck!"

... Then I realized it was Rodney.

True story.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by naynay View Post
                  cliffs?
                  Left car keys in cab. Cab drove off. Went to cab office, was no longer there. Went to website, signed up to be a cab driver. Went to interview and told them he was only there to find his keys. They called the driver who brought keys back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                    Left car keys in cab. Cab drove off. Went to cab office, was no longer there. Went to website, signed up to be a cab driver. Went to interview and told them he was only there to find his keys. They called the driver who brought keys back.
                    lol nice!

**that response is about the extent of text i am willing to read in one setting, so thank you sir.
                    THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Comment

• Last edited by helosailor; 05-18-2017, 08:51 PM.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            More like 3 dollars on pump 7

Comment

• Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                              More like 3 dollars on pump 7
                              They'd be lucky if the rest of the $10 was even that much.
                              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                                They'd be lucky if the rest of the $10 was even that much.
                                Oops I miss read, picture is funnier now

Comment

Working...
                                X