X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Genius

Comment

• Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I finally got all the way caught up on this shit. Fucking pickle rick....
      Lol, best episode so far.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Svo walked through that fire while sipping whiskey.

Comment

• Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
          we had rock and roll , cool cars and cheap burgers . rounded out with wolfman and it dont get much better .
          And where I grew up the drinking age was 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
            Took it a bit far , no one likes a show off

I don't know why they bothered dragging him out. Fuck em.
            WH

Comment

• Home theater...
              "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                While that wasnt a great movie, it was okay, it would get boycotted SO bad these days. My favorites like Blazing Saddles and so many others wouldnt stand a chance and these are epic movies from my childhood!
                What year did common sense AND humor get thrown out the window?
                Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• I can't believe anyone could possibly lament the fact that Soul Man wouldn't be made today. Seriously guys. Find something worth while to get bent out of shape over.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    I can't believe anyone could possibly lament the fact that Soul Man wouldn't be made today. Seriously guys. Find something worth while to get bent out of shape over.
                    I don't think anyone is actually getting bent out of shape about something this trivial. The sentiment here is that a movie like that probably couldn't be made today in our current political environment.

Comment

• Thats all we are saying.
                      Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                          I don't think anyone is actually getting bent out of shape about something this trivial. The sentiment here is that a movie like that probably couldn't be made today in our current political environment.
                          And? Are you saying that cinema is suffering due to political correctness? It doesn't stop Quentin Tarantino from loading up every movie with N-bombs. The difference is there's substance to support it.

Comment

And? Are you saying that cinema is suffering due to political correctness? It doesn't stop Quentin Tarantino from loading up every movie with N-bombs. The difference is there's substance to support it.
                            No. For one, Tarantino's main genre is grindhouse films. It's a niche market. And that's not just a name of a movie he made, it's an actual genre where the focus is on exploitation style films. His latest "grindhouse" films actually bombed at the box office. All I'm saying here is here is that if someone makes a pitch to a studio in 2017 about about making a movie with a white man wearing black face "e.g, Soul Man", would most likely not get a green light.

Comment

ARE YOU ..Saying that Soul Man had no substance .. whoa !

Comment

• Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                No. For one, Tarantino's main genre is grindhouse films. It's a niche market. And that's not just a name of a movie he made, it's an actual genre where the focus is on exploitation style films.
                                Yeah, I know what grindhouse is.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                His latest "grindhouse" films actually bombed at the box office.
                                You sure about that? Hateful Eight only made $155+mm, but it only cost $44mm to make. Sounds successful to me.

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                All I'm saying here is here is that if someone makes a pitch to a studio in 2017 about about making a movie with a white man wearing black face "e.g, Soul Man", would most likely not get a green light.
                                And all I'm asking is if you think this is a bad thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X