Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SamTex View Post
    Hey Bob, I think it's great you found a fan club and all, but don't be a homo. Excluding any 4x4 and labeling it junk because it's not a Jeep really shows how much you don't know.

You also don't know the difference between "looser" and LOSER, fucking fanboys...
    What really proves my lack of knowledge is my latest off-road game, crawl 4x4 for android. Top 100 games on android, 8.5k followers on facebook, and endorsed by some huge off-road labels. But youre right, poison spyder, rigid industries, warn, and psc don't know jack about wheeling either. Hell, being on first name basis with all the owners sucks too, i mean when larry (the owner of poison) whos won king of the hammers sends you free parts in the mail you must not know a thing.

Fanboy who's made a ton of money off a lack of knowledge.
    Tera 4:1 + 4.88's = Slowest rig on here
    Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
      What really proves my lack of knowledge is my latest off-road game, crawl 4x4 for android. Top 100 games on android, 8.5k followers on facebook, and endorsed by some huge off-road labels. But youre right, poison spyder, rigid industries, warn, and psc don't know jack about wheeling either. Hell, being on first name basis with all the owners sucks too, i mean when larry (the owner of poison) whos won king of the hammers sends you free parts in the mail you must not know a thing.

Fanboy who's made a ton of money off a lack of knowledge.
      You may know a lot about Jeeps, but if what they say is true you don't appear to know dick abut the 'zukes.

Comment

• http://dfwdirtriders.com/ New Website for the off road peeps

Comment

• My experience with Samurai's is in the higher rung trails they have considerably more money spent on them then their comparable jeep counterparts. Usually on high tier trails the Samurai's have a completely different drive train than factory, and most of the time they are cut up for clearance (like the above example). I personally think your average Jeep although it has a higher initial cost, is more capable from a drive train standpoint. The sam's are underpowered compared to a 4.0L jeep. They are hard pressed to get over 55mph, and I know the sam guys complain about clutch/transfer case issues a lot more often than the jeep guys.

But, it's important to remember Jeeps and Samauri's were designed to be two totally different price points. The extra money in the Jeeps went to axles, the 231 transfer case, and the more powerful motor. The sam is considerably smaller and lighter, it didn't need these things. But when you get to big tires, lifts, and armor - they struggle.

I really like Samurai's. I wish they would build an updated version - Seems like now is the perfect time considering they are back into the truck market with the Equator.
          Last edited by CJ; 10-27-2011, 07:03 PM.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Today's English lesson

Comment

• Go ahead and do one of those for sale, sell and sail. Then post it in any forum where shit is sold.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                Today's English lesson
                who are you correcting?
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Standard "I have owned" high throne bullshit comment.

No one is arguing costs here. One's american, one is not.
                  what in the fuck does that have to do with off road ability?
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Repost or not I don't care.

Comment

• Story? Very moving.
                      Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                        who are you correcting?
                        Think of it as a PSA.

Comment

Story? Very moving.
                          "Katherine Cathey was expecting a phone call from her husband, Marine 2nd. Lt. Jim Cathey, so she could tell him if their baby would be a boy or a girl. Instead, she got a knock at the door -- the knock every military family dreads. When his body finally arrived at the airport in the Marine's hometown of Reno, Katherine never wanted to leave his side. 'You take for granted the last night you spend with them,' she said. 'I think I took it for granted. This was the last night I'll have to sleep next to him.' She said about her all night vigil by Jim's casket the night before his burial. Major Steve Beck prepares for the final inspection of 2nd Lt. James J. Cathey's body, only days after notifying Cathey's wife of the Marine's death in Iraq. "

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted."

Comment

• Nothing. There is no comparison to be had. Sukis blow. Ask my neighbor the cheap ass. Always broke and "upgrading" and he wheels like a pregnant woman.
                            Baja-Bob.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                              "Katherine Cathey was expecting a phone call from her husband, Marine 2nd. Lt. Jim Cathey, so she could tell him if their baby would be a boy or a girl. Instead, she got a knock at the door -- the knock every military family dreads. When his body finally arrived at the airport in the Marine's hometown of Reno, Katherine never wanted to leave his side. 'You take for granted the last night you spend with them,' she said. 'I think I took it for granted. This was the last night I'll have to sleep next to him.' She said about her all night vigil by Jim's casket the night before his burial. Major Steve Beck prepares for the final inspection of 2nd Lt. James J. Cathey's body, only days after notifying Cathey's wife of the Marine's death in Iraq. "

The night before the burial of her husband's body, Katherine Cathey refused to leave the casket, asking to sleep next to his body for the last time. The Marines made a bed for her, tucking in the sheets below the flag. Before she fell asleep, she opened her laptop computer and played songs that reminded her of 'Cat,' and one of the Marines asked if she wanted them to continue standing watch as she slept. "I think it would be kind of nice if you kept doing it," she said. "I think that's what he would have wanted."
                              Very moving story

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                              Nothing. There is no comparison to be had. Sukis blow. Ask my neighbor the cheap ass. Always broke and "upgrading" and he wheels like a pregnant woman.
                              Hey newb, use the quote button to avoid looking like an ass.

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                                My experience with Samurai's is in the higher rung trails they have considerably more money spent on them then their comparable jeep counterparts. Usually on high tier trails the Samurai's have a completely different drive train than factory, and most of the time they are cut up for clearance (like the above example). I personally think your average Jeep although it has a higher initial cost, is more capable from a drive train standpoint. The sam's are underpowered compared to a 4.0L jeep. They are hard pressed to get over 55mph, and I know the sam guys complain about clutch/transfer case issues a lot more often than the jeep guys.

But, it's important to remember Jeeps and Samauri's were designed to be two totally different price points. The extra money in the Jeeps went to axles, the 231 transfer case, and the more powerful motor. The sam is considerably smaller and lighter, it didn't need these things. But when you get to big tires, lifts, and armor - they struggle.

I really like Samurai's. I wish they would build an updated version - Seems like now is the perfect time considering they are back into the truck market with the Equator.
                                That is why I said with equal tires and open diffs, the Sammy would eat a CJ/YJ/TJ in offroad conditions. I have broke my share of Dana 30 and AMC 20 axles, so I don't think they are that great. I twisted the ears on one driveshaft in one of my Sammys, and that was on a 5.5" lift on 33" tires, which was the exact same set of tires I had on my CJ5.

But you are right, they are two totally different approaches to the same ends, think of it as a 70's Toyota Corolla compared to the 70's Chrysler Cordoba. Apples to oranges.

Originally posted by BajaBob View Post
                                Nothing. There is no comparison to be had. Sukis blow. Ask my neighbor the cheap ass. Always broke and "upgrading" and he wheels like a pregnant woman.
                                Hey look, an asshurt fanboi... that couldn't tell a Samurai from a Jeep in his own pic that he posted... and he has an opinion. Who would have guessed?

Now that the pissing contest is over, maybe we can stop shitting on this thread?

Stevo
                                Originally posted by SSMAN
                                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Working...
                                X