Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HARVEL 5.0 View Post
    That riot cop is about to get a face full of gimp. If I were that cop I'd be running for my life, that dude in the mask is BIG.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ratt View Post
      That riot cop is about to get a face full of gimp. If I were that cop I'd be running for my life, that dude in the mask is BIG.
      depending on what country it is mr big could get a mid section full of lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
        depending on what country it is mr big could get a mid section full of lead.
        I am going with Greece. Call it a hunch.

Comment

• Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I am going with Greece. Call it a hunch.
          In which case, that cop is probably already dead.

Comment

• Correlation vs causation
            Need to prove something you already believe? Statistics are easy: All you need are two graphs and a leading question

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
              Big brass ones. He has them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                probably one of the few guys to be suffering from frost bite in the middle of the desert.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

iirc that is the only guy to have ever broke the sound barrier while parachuting

He jumped out of a hot air balloon at 100,000 feet, he hit something like 600mph at 70-80k feet

Comment

• "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Originally posted by black50 View Post
                      iirc that is the only guy to have ever broke the sound barrier while parachuting

He jumped out of a hot air balloon at 100,000 feet, he hit something like 600mph at 70-80k feet
                      A little over 102,000 feet, he almost achieved the speed of sound - here's a video of Project Excelsior -

Update 10/14/12, Felix Baumgartner broke Col. Kittinger's world record for highest-ever skydive from more than 24 miles above Earth's surface (128,100 ft.) —...

Comment

A little over 102,000 feet, he almost achieved the speed of sound - here's a video of Project Excelsior -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2JYk...eature=related
                        I thought terminal velocity was like 120??
                        2012 GT500

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                          air density, humidity, etc. all play a role. Less atmosphere, less shit to get out of the way of a projectile. That's why in space you can fire a retro rocket once and end up at pluto 35 years later.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                            terminal velocity can be defeated...Some speed sky divers can hit 300mph with no special equipment and not at extreme altitude

Not really sure how they do it though

Comment

• Originally posted by black50 View Post
                              terminal velocity can be defeated...Some speed sky divers can hit 300mph with no special equipment and not at extreme altitude

Not really sure how they do it though
                              It's drag. If you nose dive you decrease your profile, minimize drag, and therefore increase your speed. The clothing you wear, your hair cut, humidity, altitude, temperature, etc. all play into it.

Comment

• He holds the record for "Highest, longest, fastest, free fall". (Not sure of the technical stuff.) I think it was on Discovery Channel. It isn't expected to ever be broken.
                                Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
                                There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Working...
                                X