Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    That catches on fire just like the ugly ones lol

Fisker is recalling 239 Karma plug-in hybrid sports cars because of a high-voltage battery problem that could result in a fire, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
    Well, at least it looks better while burn'n down! Even the best have issues from time to time.

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      Please, sir, may I have another??

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
            That actually means rape.
            Originally posted by lincolnboy
            After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post

I have an old unbuilt Monogram or Revell 1:24 model kit of this car.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Proof that racing used to be a lot cooler.

Comment

• God damn that Wheel Boutique Chevy is gorgeous.
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      Proof that racing used to be a lot cooler.
                      It still is but middle America doesn't "do" road racing. Shame too. There are some VERY cool cars out there..
                      e.g. US Flagged Audi
                      Love me some Euro road racing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post

Comment

• Saleen vs Vette vs GT.

Comment

• I sooooooo want this car....

Comment

It still is but middle America doesn't "do" road racing. Shame too. There are some VERY cool cars out there..
                              e.g. US Flagged Audi
                              Love me some Euro road racing.
                              I'm all over what's going on in Grand-Am, and while I'll watch every race, it doesn't exactly get me going like watching old Trans-Am, Group C, and IMSA shit. FIA GT1 has some of the best racing around and the cars are pretty cool, but it's pretty damn close to a spec series. You can toss the BTCC in there for solid racing as well, and the Continental Sports Car Challenge over here provides some pretty good action from time to time.

But even where there is good racing, the cars just aren't erection inducing. The R8s being run in Grand-Am really don't feel that special, and the most interesting thing in that series is the new AM Vantage that's being run, which still isn't that awe inspiring.

Maybe I'm just cynical and asking too much, but it's hard for me to look at a 917 or 787b or an Audi IMSA car and then look at what we've got to day and be all that enthused about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                                I'm all over what's going on in Grand-Am, and while I'll watch every race, it doesn't exactly get me going like watching old Trans-Am, Group C, and IMSA shit. FIA GT1 has some of the best racing around and the cars are pretty cool, but it's pretty damn close to a spec series. You can toss the BTCC in there for solid racing as well, and the Continental Sports Car Challenge over here provides some pretty good action from time to time.

But even where there is good racing, the cars just aren't erection inducing. The R8s being run in Grand-Am really don't feel that special, and the most interesting thing in that series is the new AM Vantage that's being run, which still isn't that awe inspiring.

Maybe I'm just cynical and asking too much, but it's hard for me to look at a 917 or 787b or an Audi IMSA car and then look at what we've got to day and be all that enthused about it.
                                Oh, I hear ya, and when I can find them I'll watch every road race I can. Euro/US/Aussie/etc. And I tend to agree, but then again, I think things get refined over time and the technology that exists today, for virtual testing, kills some of the excitement that used to exist. Before it was "Well, let's try that idea, design, modification next time we go racing and see if it works." This caused some cars to slow down/speed up dramatically from race to race. This is gone and so are the whacked out designs we used to see on the track. Sad too. Things were pretty crazy, even in the EU.

Love these kinds of shots....

However, I'll take what I can get and honestly, have REALLY been enjoying Aussie V8 Super Cars as of late.

While searching for Aussie Super Car I ran across this, I thought it was interesting.

Joss JP1 - Australian supercar

From here
                                with an expected 500 horsepower 6.6-liter V-8 sitting in a carbon fiber and aluminum constructed chassis weighing around that magical 1,000 kilo (2,200 pound) mark, the Joss is shaping up to be a scorcher of a supercar. Some initial specs include a 0-60 mph time of under 3.0 seconds and a top speed of around 224 mph--we're talking faster than a Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4.

Comment

Working...
                                X