Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 01vnms4v View Post
    Those things are a trip. I watched a documentary on the cuddle fish and was blown away. It showed how little we know about oceanic life.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Possibly. Likely used just to start it rather than using lighter fluid. Starting a fire with lighter fluid and trying to smoke is a rookie mistake.

I'd say just the opposite.

Insulated with engineered ceramic. Easier to maintain temp, easier to reach higher temps, etc. people seem to love them, and I will wind up with one some day, I'm sure. I'm just a traditionalist, so I don't like the idea of it. There's a guy on our BBQ team that has one and swears by it.
      How just the opposite? Isn't a smoker based solely on indirect heat? That egg looks like its pretty direct in heating.

Comment

• Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
        why is the egg so great?
        pretty much all of what bcoop mentioned, on top of a few other things.

It uses almost no charcoal. I can almost twice as many times with a single bag of lump compared to my old smoker/grill set up.

I have seen 4 figure temps, which for searing is pretty awesome. I usually sear my steaks around 800.

It will hold 225 for hours on end. You can smoke for 12hrs on a large without ever adding coal, and even longer with a extra large.

When you buy one you won't ever buy another one unless you just want to have two. My wife says she got her money out of the grill in the first year.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
          How just the opposite? Isn't a smoker based solely on indirect heat? That egg looks like its pretty direct in heating.
          With the plate setter it is indirect heat. It will do both direct and indirect.

Comment

• Originally posted by bottlerocket View Post
            Opposite because they are used far more commonly as a smoker than as a grill. Yes, smokers are indirect heat. Not every smoker is offset though like a traditional offset is.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
              Opposite because they are used far more commonly as a smoker than as a grill. Yes, smokers are indirect heat. Not every smoker is offset though like a traditional offset is.
              Originally posted by dblack1 View Post
              With the plate setter it is indirect heat. It will do both direct and indirect.
              Pretty cool, I may have to look into one then. I have an offset and its just massive. Something more compact would suit me nicely

Comment

• Black Jack tournament in Biloxi, MS

Comment

• 2 Chronicles 7:14
                  If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

• Originally posted by Up0n0ne View Post
                    LOL! I need that shirt!

Comment

If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X