Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sc281 View Post
    Shoulda called him Odie with that tongue. Gawdamn!
    LOL! It's gotta be the head-on angle... it normally doesn't look so freakshow-ish. We had just gotten back from a long walk and he walked in and plopped down on the first spot of cold tile he could find. Apparently he was warm.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          GE? where are you working now?
          GE 604. I work for Enerven Compression.

Comment

• Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
            Bottom left looks like bad job on the saftey wiring.
            I find a lot of stuff just like that every day.

Comment

• fuckin' GE's... I prefer Ariel

not gonna lie, I don't really miss slinging iron working on those things
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                I find a lot of stuff just like that every day.
                Shit, I don't doubt it.

Some of the worst shit I've seen was the PMs on the NG compressor engines.

I had a ****** guy call me one day and the conversation went kinda like this:

Him: "Hey, just thought you should know about this, you know, in case some engines start grenading... off the record, yeah?"

Me: "Totally. What's up?"

Him: "Turns out some of our field service guys are fucking lazy. Rather than do a proper PM and change the oil and filter they've realized that they can just turn the filter 1/4 turn, wipe a clean spot, write a new date on it, check the dipstick, and be on their way."

Me: "So you're telling me engines are going 4 times their service intervals"

Him: "Ummmmm... yes."

Me: "LMFAO."

Comment

Shit, I don't doubt it.

Some of the worst shit I've seen was the PMs on the NG compressor engines.
                  not gonna lie, I only set the valves on my 8.3 C's ever 3rd PM

but only because I NEVER set them on any of my 5.9's and they ran perfectly!

Comment

• i wanna try to find a video of this but don't even know what to search for

i know it's from a dam power plant but that's about it

Comment

• also, i would buy from this guy. even if i had plenty and didn't need more

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        not gonna lie, I only set the valves on my 8.3 C's ever 3rd PM

but only because I NEVER set them on any of my 5.9's and they ran perfectly!

What hour intervals?

I think the O&M manual on the 8.3 says check overhead at every 250 hrs or so. With the 98% up-time the compression guys want, that's an overhead check every ~10.5 days. Does anyone really do that?

Comment

• Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                          i wanna try to find a video of this but don't even know what to search for

Dam release.

Comment

• Originally posted by grove rat View Post
                            i wanna try to find a video of this but don't even know what to search for

Ask and ye shall receive

Comment

What hour intervals?

I think the O&M manual on the 8.3 says check overhead at every 250 hrs or so. With the 98% up-time the compression guys want, that's an overhead check every ~10.5 days. Does anyone really do that?
                              our bible said every month... but those pieces of shit never ran 98%! LOL

but really I probably set the valves ever 2-3 months. I realize it's more an indicator of wear vs. a consumable like oil/filters/etc. But I was lazy about valves... Like I said, I was always lazy about it on my personal trucks. It was never an issue every time I checked it

Comment

Ask and ye shall receive
                                awesome

that would be cool as hell to see in person. pretty loud i bet

Comment

Working...
                                X