Random PICTURE of the day thread *KEEP IT WORK SAFE*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
    What's your low side pressure reading during this?
    I have tested my cheap little laser gun many times to make sure its right. It seems to have a .01% variance from my buddies $450 one.

The Jag is 38-40/200-220ish
    The Blazer was 40/250 (104* and no flow across the condenser)
    I forgot what the Ranger was.
    My truck (96 1500 GM) is 34/200 if memory serves. Thats with 4oz of oil and about 32oz of R134.

Funny story! The Blazer I did today wouldn't blow cold. Pressures were perfect and comp was running smooth. I start to evac the system and notice foam in the sight glass so I figured it was a little over filled with oil. Evac stops too quick, pressures are at 0. So I open the system and oil POURS from the orfice filter. I catch it in a glass and then pull the accumulator. I dump out 27 oz of oil into a cup. EEK! Turns out every summer they threw in three cans of R134 that has 2oz of oil in each can. Been doing it for a few years. LOL
    Couldn't believe the compressor was ok. LOL.
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• The only reason I ask is because your low side pressure is a very close representation of your evaporator and/or vent temps. Let's try another thermometer.
      I've been working on cars for 11 years or so (I know it's not all that long) and I've never seen anything like that.

Comment

• Its all newish to me. Only had proper equipment for a few months. Before hand was basic suicide kits. LOL
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• I don't see how the evap core isn't freezing up.

Comment

• crap...you're almost out of gas.

Comment

• Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              What the fuck is steampunk

It's the badass shit.

Comment

Comment

• Some steampunk girls are fat as shit. I seen it!

Comment

• Lowest Iv ever got on down to was 19 degrees. I usually see an average from 25-45 depending on the vehicle. Iv gotten good at getting fox body's down to 24 degrees using r134a, new o-tube, adjustable cycling switch, and parrellel flow condenser(if you ever convert a system from r12 to r134a convince the owner to buy a parallel flow condenser). The vent temp depends on where the evap is located in the dash. Some evaps are in the center so the center vent will blow pretty cold. I dont like using a laser thermometer because it takes the temps down in the ducts instead of at the vents. Get you a food thermometer and stick it in the vent.
                    Some vehicles will just blow colder than others and Iv never seemed to figure out why. I know some techs will check vent temps with the blower on high and it wont get below 40. I always check temps with the blower on low and check pressures with the blower on high.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                      Some steampunk girls are fat as shit. I seen it!
                      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• If I was into dressing up in costumes this would be pretty cool.
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Keep steaming it and maybe it will shrink

Comment

• Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post

Keep steaming it and maybe it will shrink
                            lol!

That dude looks like an 1880 version of Ironman. I think it's pretty cool!

Comment

• Kinda cool in a nerdy way. Gotta respect the work.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X