• Show
Clear All

• Dr. Emmett was steampunk before steampunk was douchey
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      Dr. Emmett was steampunk before steampunk was douchey
      post of the day.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Some of the steampunk stuff people make up is really cool looking. I love how they implement the style characteristics of art deco.

These guys made steampunk proton packs, lol-

Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• It is cool, and I do like the idea of it, but I'm also turned off by the beatnik side of it.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• some of it's cool for sure, but it walks a really fine line between cool and trying way the fuck too hard
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
              It is cool, and I do like the idea of it, but I'm also turned off by the beatnik side of it.
              Indeed. I do always appreciate it when someone takes the time to make neat steampunk stuff. I read the book Leviathan as a kid and it has stuck with me ever since (alternate history of WWI)-

The recent movie Sucker Punch had a very cool scene that very much reminded me of it-

Crimson Skies is also good if you like steampunk stuff.
              Originally posted by lincolnboy
              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

• WRX

Comment

• Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Comment

• ^Nice!

Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Pooter View Post
                            The family that sweeps the leg together, stays together.
                            "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X