• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by CJ View Post
          Looks like one of the trainers.
          There where originally two trainers, #61-7957, crashed on approach to Beale Air Force Bace on January 11 1968, the other #61-7956/NASA 831 is on display at the Kalamazoo Aviation History Museum in Kalamazoo, MI.
          The trainers had a raised rear canopy.

the one pictured under the Spruce Goose, #61-7971 is one clean as ride seeing as it had 3512.5 hours on it.
          I love these birds, though I have never seen one in person, it is on my bucket list.
          here is a bad ass sight all about them..
          SR-71, YF-12, and A-12 Blackbird Information, Pictures, and Diagrams. Home of the SR-71 Flight Manual and one of the largest collections of Blackbird photos on the Internet.

also I recommend (if you are a nerd like me) reading " Flying the SR71 Blackbird"

it's a bad ass read.

For shits and grins, here's a pic of the one I'm building.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            I love these birds, though I have never seen one in person, it is on my bucket list.
            Pretty easy wish to fulfill – there’s one in Shreveport at the 8th Air Force Museum.

Comment

• Originally posted by blownragtop View Post
              Pretty easy wish to fulfill – there’s one in Shreveport at the 8th Air Force Museum.

BRB going to Shreveport!!!!

Comment

• Saved and Texan by the Grace of God, Redneck by choice.

Comment

BRB going to Shreveport!!!!
                  It's worth a visit.

The aftermath of a tornado that hit Carswell…

Comment

There where originally two trainers, #61-7957, crashed on approach to Beale Air Force Bace on January 11 1968, the other #61-7956/NASA 831 is on display at the Kalamazoo Aviation History Museum in Kalamazoo, MI.
                    The trainers had a raised rear canopy.

the one pictured under the Spruce Goose, #61-7971 is one clean as ride seeing as it had 3512.5 hours on it.
                    here is a bad ass sight all about them..
                    SR-71, YF-12, and A-12 Blackbird Information, Pictures, and Diagrams. Home of the SR-71 Flight Manual and one of the largest collections of Blackbird photos on the Internet.

also I recommend (if you are a nerd like me) reading " Flying the SR71 Blackbird"

it's a bad ass read.

For shits and grins, here's a pic of the one I'm building.
                    I know the rear canopy was raised, but from the angle I wasn't sure if it was or wasn't. I've actually read that book, it's awesome. "Push the throttle to classified and leave the continent."
                    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• I've seen a few of them when they were still in service. Grew up on Air Force bases...
                      They are cool as shit and one of my all time favorite aircraft!
                      "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

• The spruce goose is in mcminville or. I went there a few years back. Cool place

Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum is the home of the iconic Hughes Flying Boat - The Spruce Goose. In addition to an SR-71, A-10, and more.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                            I've seen a few of them when they were still in service. Grew up on Air Force bases...
                            They are cool as shit and one of my all time favorite aircraft!
                            Same here, we even had field trips in school and went through the hangar and on a walkway over the cockpit. Even though it was a group of little kids, they still covered all of the instrumentation to stop any pics from being taken.

Comment

• THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

• Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X