Multi-beam led headlamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multi-beam led headlamps

MB has been using this headlamp technology for a few years now but has now expanded it a tiny bit in the new E class coming out in a couple months. These things are amazing and only cost about 2600.00 a piece lol. Unfortunately a lot of these features are not allowed into the US for unknown reasons. These cars push safety to a whole different world.

I heard SVO invented them too!
    Last edited by red89notch; 05-14-2016, 04:53 PM. Reason: [YOUTUBE]0OJjvYPV3oc[/YOUTUBE]
    Originally posted by Marisa
    we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Here you go on the embed. Quote me to see how I did it.

Comment

I seem to remember an article about why the us spec cars can't have fancy led signals and it involves an law about dimensions of a bulb used for lighting being a certain dimension

Comment

Don't like it, at a quick glance it looks like a Seattle Seahawk in that still video image.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
          I seem to remember an article about why the us spec cars can't have fancy led signals and it involves an law about dimensions of a bulb used for lighting being a certain dimension
          They do have LED signals along with every other bulb. The 2014 S class was the first production vehicle made without a single bulb. What is not allowed is the turning on an off of the individual LEDS to light specific areas.
          Originally posted by Marisa
          we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

if it works as advertised that's bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
              if it works as advertised that's bad ass.
              Shouldn't be that hard to accomplish with some sort of forward sensor (camera, radar, laser,etc) and a light detection system for ambient glare.

The cost of replacing a headlight is a different story

Comment

Working...
              X