Finally a reliable turbo car in the garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bishop left GVF.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      No, I'm talkin' about Josh Bishop. The guy that just got his GT350R a couple of months ago.
      KWClutch...

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        Bishop left GVF.
        Uhhh... Where'd he go?

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
          Uhhh... Where'd he go?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            Hah!

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
              Uhhh... Where'd he go?
              dunno, he may chime in.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                Beautiful EB Mustang! We seriously considered the '16 Mustang GT before buying the Camaro SS and met with Josh to test drive it. Josh was nice, but I swear Grapevine Ford has that shady a** dealership feel to it. Josh wouldn't let us go without introducing us to the sales manager or whatever. He said he had to or he would get in trouble. It only took a minute or two of waiting and the sales manager didn't pressure us, but it was still annoying.

I just don't get why certain dealership feel the need to try to pressure and dick people as much as possible. I bought the '16 Camaro SS from Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine and the sales guy and the whole experience was very pleasant and low pressure. Even the finance guy only talked about tire warranties, extended warranties, etc. for a few minutes before I politely told him I wasn't interested in any of it and we finished the deal in F&I in less than 15 minutes.
                unfortunately thats just how they make money. They can make a killing in the finance department. People pay $4500 for an extended warranty that was $1500. They convince people they need all the extras, car payments go up $100-200/month. They sell the loan and make points.... its just a huge money making department.

Comment

There was a story in autoblog about a woman in Maryland or something paying 32k for a brand new altima base model AND then the dealership financing her that price at 15% interest rate. People get upside down quick because they only see they can afford the payments and say screw it I need a new car I'll worry about the rest later

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    unfortunately thats just how they make money. They can make a killing in the finance department. People pay $4500 for an extended warranty that was $1500. They convince people they need all the extras, car payments go up $100-200/month. They sell the loan and make points.... its just a huge money making department.
                    Originally posted by 4king View Post
                    There was a story in autoblog about a woman in Maryland or something paying 32k for a brand new altima base model AND then the dealership financing her that price at 15% interest rate. People get upside down quick because they only see they can afford the payments and say screw it I need a new car I'll worry about the rest later
                    My wife can be a push over sometimes when dealing with business (man stuff). I told her to never answer the question "what do you want your monthly payment to be". But instead tell them, "depends on what you can get the price of the car and interest down to". If the monthly was too much in the end for her to accept, I told her to extend the loan by 12 months but to try not to do that.

She stuck to her guns that I coached her on. "nope, that interest rate is higher than what we told you we would accept" "nope, put those rebates back on the deal or drop the price of the car" "no I will not sign a promise to buy based on interest rate and prices" "get the deal where I want it and I will cut the down payment check and we can sign the papers and drive off"

She did this with a 4yr old that was becoming very restless and even spilled her damn gatorade in the F&I office right at the end.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                      My wife can be a push over sometimes when dealing with business (man stuff). I told her to never answer the question "what do you want your monthly payment to be". But instead tell them, "depends on what you can get the price of the car and interest down to". If the monthly was too much in the end for her to accept, I told her to extend the loan by 12 months but to try not to do that.

She stuck to her guns that I coached her on. "nope, that interest rate is higher than what we told you we would accept" "nope, put those rebates back on the deal or drop the price of the car" "no I will not sign a promise to buy based on interest rate and prices" "get the deal where I want it and I will cut the down payment check and we can sign the papers and drive off"

She did this with a 4yr old that was becoming very restless and even spilled her damn gatorade in the F&I office right at the end.
                      I dealt with the same shit with Vandergriff on Cheryl's new Tahoe, except it was all over the phone. Told the finance guy to call me when they had my interest rate around 3%, he calls with great news, he got me in at 5.9%. I said I'll call you back in a few minutes, called and told him I got 2.9% percent at PenFed and got my gap and extended warranty through them as well for way cheaper than dealerships scalp you for.

Comment

Originally posted by Musbrad2 View Post
                        I dealt with the same shit with Vandergriff on Cheryl's new Tahoe, except it was all over the phone. Told the finance guy to call me when they had my interest rate around 3%, he calls with great news, he got me in at 5.9%. I said I'll call you back in a few minutes, called and told him I got 2.9% percent at PenFed and got my gap and extended warranty through them as well for way cheaper than dealerships scalp you for.
                        Admittedly our credit was FUBAR'd because starting out in the Oilfield didn't match the payments on our lifestyle I couldn't get any lower. No ones fault but mine and where my payments were in the mid 90s% on time, my amount of used credit was pretty high. If this was 2 years ago, she wouldn't have had any problems at all with rates.

Because picture thread. I love my influence on her. She texts me "it even lets me see the air/fuel ratios". 10 years ago, she couldn't have cared less. She is a car girl now. [rubs hands together like a evil mastermind]
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Last 2 cars I played the number game. I knew what the price of the car should get down to and what rate I could get and what my expected payment was. It worked in my favor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
                            Admittedly our credit was FUBAR'd because starting out in the Oilfield didn't match the payments on our lifestyle I couldn't get any lower. No ones fault but mine and where my payments were in the mid 90s% on time, my amount of used credit was pretty high. If this was 2 years ago, she wouldn't have had any problems at all with rates.

Because picture thread. I love my influence on her. She texts me "it even lets me see the air/fuel ratios". 10 years ago, she couldn't have cared less. She is a car girl now. [rubs hands together like a evil mastermind]
                            That's awesome, my wife enjoys fast cars, just can't get her to give the wagon any love.

Comment

Working...
                            X