GT350R at MSR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    Can't really enjoy the car for a full session without them getting greasy.
    But that's when it gets to be the MOST fun!!

Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

Nice drive but no gloves ?
      I am pretty sure gloves are a requirement...could be wrong.

Aggie 97 I thought TWS was dead, closed, and history. I have the t shirt.

Comment

They aren't. Firesuit and helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
          The R is 3649 with half a tank of gas.
          and you are a svelt 151# aren't ya?!

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
            Nice drive but no gloves ?
            I am pretty sure gloves are a requirement...could be wrong.

Aggie 97 I thought TWS was dead, closed, and history. I have the t shirt.
            I think I have 2 or 3 versions of that shirt now. Current owner is trying to finance the development with current track rental fees ONLY. Most of the investor money is not existent. There was an offer to purchase the track in the low $15M range and the current owner backed out at last minute thinking the housing market was going to save his ass. We shall see. CURRENT closing date is 12/31/16....I still believe it isn't going anywhere because the only housing demand is student housing and the proposed development is WAY too far from town for students....and home prices are approaching $135-150/sf if we "townies" want to move further away from the idiot students, we can't afford to move away. Further figure in the MUD district that is the proposed development would have higher taxes than living in college station (which is now high as fuck already!!!), and the prospect of the development happening is likely ZERO. As I have said rather loudly from Day 1....track isn't going anywhere. It may sell to someone else, but will still be around. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

Haha yeah including me I'll crack 3800. Car still has a lot more in it for sure. I'm happy with my driving for the first time out. It has been a pretty good while since I'd been out there in a car that would push me. Half the guys out there were just impressed they saw one on the track and not in a garage somewhere. I will admit I was a little nervous driving the car. I've driven more expensive cars....but they weren't mine. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
                But that's when it gets to be the MOST fun!!

LOL! I did not play that at first....but I think THAT may be in car of my first EVER time on a race track! Talk about blast from the past that I have lost!!!!! WOW! Look at the drag racing driving style all gangster and shit!!!!

please lose that now....please!

Comment

I think I have 2 or 3 versions of that shirt now. Current owner is trying to finance the development with current track rental fees ONLY. Most of the investor money is not existent. There was an offer to purchase the track in the low $15M range and the current owner backed out at last minute thinking the housing market was going to save his ass. We shall see. CURRENT closing date is 12/31/16....I still believe it isn't going anywhere because the only housing demand is student housing and the proposed development is WAY too far from town for students....and home prices are approaching $135-150/sf if we "townies" want to move further away from the idiot students, we can't afford to move away. Further figure in the MUD district that is the proposed development would have higher taxes than living in college station (which is now high as fuck already!!!), and the prospect of the development happening is likely ZERO. As I have said rather loudly from Day 1....track isn't going anywhere. It may sell to someone else, but will still be around. Keep your fingers crossed.
                  Sounds like you know quite a bit. This developer/owner seems a little crazy. Have they even done a Phase 1 environmental? I'm guessing the remediation cost to turn this into a development would be HUGE. I mean the track has 50+ years of people dumping barrels of used oil, gas, fluids, etc. on and around the track.

Can't believe the prices you are quoting. I graduated back in 2000 and the place was growing and it's grown a lot more since I left (get back a few times a year), but I can't believe $135-150sq/ft+ to live on the outskirts of CS. Screw that.

If I was the developer, I would have taken that $15mm (if that was real offer for that awesome, but busted ass track) and run for the hills.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

TWS was my home track. I went to A&M and spent many days out on that track.

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                      Sounds like you know quite a bit. This developer/owner seems a little crazy. Have they even done a Phase 1 environmental? I'm guessing the remediation cost to turn this into a development would be HUGE. I mean the track has 50+ years of people dumping barrels of used oil, gas, fluids, etc. on and around the track.

Can't believe the prices you are quoting. I graduated back in 2000 and the place was growing and it's grown a lot more since I left (get back a few times a year), but I can't believe $135-150sq/ft+ to live on the outskirts of CS. Screw that.

If I was the developer, I would have taken that $15mm (if that was real offer for that awesome, but busted ass track) and run for the hills.
                      My wife ran the track for this current owner from 2004 to 2010 and we are still quite close to the folks who run it now (not the owner)...and living here we know all the scuttlebutt. As for the environmental, there are rumors of an EPA document from the early 2000's that stated the entire infield, 350 acres, would have to taken down 4-5' and DISPOSED OF. My guess is from leaded race gas contamination. Most of the myriad of tires were cleaned up years ago and honestly, there wasn't much oil dropped, but was buried in barrels outside of Nascar 3. That was dug up and removed back in 2008...but not documented very well. I have heard from people who have signed the NDA that they have seen the missing EPA document, but won't produce it. Those same people have had lawyers call them shortly after posting about on the internet/facebook...but again, the document has never been produced. EPA web information request only go back 7 years and ONLY shows info related to asphalt sealants used. Beyond that, there is no exit from the property on the East side and that has to pass under/through a utility easement for gas and electric transmission lines and if granted access through that, STILL has to build a LOT of road to gain access to HWY 40 to the NORTH and college station isn't going to pay for that...so the developer will have to. The original numbers for the development were $90M....then $50M....now...? yes, he should have taken the $15M and ran, but current speculation is that the current rep never took that offer to McAllister who is the folks who actually OWN the property. It's a mess....and yes, I know WAY too much about it. LOL!

Property values for homes are going nutz due to the lack of student housing on campus as they are tearing a lot of it down and interest rates being so low, parents are buying homes for their kids and renting out rooms to friends, instead of renting apartments. Our home purchased in 2009 for $235k, dipped to $217k at the low and is now being assessed at close to $280 all of a sudden and I did my best to fight it and lost miserably. Some older homes that were built in the 80's, barely average finishes and surrounded by rentals are in the $110/sf range so locals are forced to find homes out past 2818 and fitch on the south side of town. I've been to a few P&Z meetings and real estate agents are driving the madness and it's going to come crashing down at some point. Retirees are driving some of the madness as well because they are building/buying houses to come to town to watch home games 6 or 7 times a year and spent $250k for that...Craziness.

Comment

Originally posted by KWClutch View Post
                        TWS was my home track. I went to A&M and spent many days out on that track.

check the schedule and look for the performance driving school dates....come back for old time sake. I'm usually at every PDS event instructing.

Comment

My wife ran the track for this current owner from 2004 to 2010 and we are still quite close to the folks who run it now (not the owner)...and living here we know all the scuttlebutt. As for the environmental, there are rumors of an EPA document from the early 2000's that stated the entire infield, 350 acres, would have to taken down 4-5' and DISPOSED OF. My guess is from leaded race gas contamination. Most of the myriad of tires were cleaned up years ago and honestly, there wasn't much oil dropped, but was buried in barrels outside of Nascar 3. That was dug up and removed back in 2008...but not documented very well. I have heard from people who have signed the NDA that they have seen the missing EPA document, but won't produce it. Those same people have had lawyers call them shortly after posting about on the internet/facebook...but again, the document has never been produced. EPA web information request only go back 7 years and ONLY shows info related to asphalt sealants used. Beyond that, there is no exit from the property on the East side and that has to pass under/through a utility easement for gas and electric transmission lines and if granted access through that, STILL has to build a LOT of road to gain access to HWY 40 to the NORTH and college station isn't going to pay for that...so the developer will have to. The original numbers for the development were $90M....then $50M....now...? yes, he should have taken the $15M and ran, but current speculation is that the current rep never took that offer to McAllister who is the folks who actually OWN the property. It's a mess....and yes, I know WAY too much about it. LOL!

Property values for homes are going nutz due to the lack of student housing on campus as they are tearing a lot of it down and interest rates being so low, parents are buying homes for their kids and renting out rooms to friends, instead of renting apartments. Our home purchased in 2009 for $235k, dipped to $217k at the low and is now being assessed at close to $280 all of a sudden and I did my best to fight it and lost miserably. Some older homes that were built in the 80's, barely average finishes and surrounded by rentals are in the $110/sf range so locals are forced to find homes out past 2818 and fitch on the south side of town. I've been to a few P&Z meetings and real estate agents are driving the madness and it's going to come crashing down at some point. Retirees are driving some of the madness as well because they are building/buying houses to come to town to watch home games 6 or 7 times a year and spent $250k for that...Craziness.
                          Thank you for all this info. Good stuff. Yeah, I totally agree with you that I just don't see the owner of the property now ever getting it developed. What a bad idea. There is just too much land around without all the major issues of this particular site. I do hope a track group eventually is able to buy the track and return it to it's former glory. I love driving the track, but it is pretty run down and could use a nice refresh on the track surface and the amenities.

On the property/home values, I definitely see a bit of a bubble forming for sure. My fiancé is finishing her masters and stayed at the Barracks. One of the girls parents owned the place and the two other girls that stayed in the 3 bedroom (my fiancé included) pay rent to the parents. Pretty sure the two rents cover the nut on the whole place. Not a bad deal if you can do it, but oversupply may hit someday.
                          Ford
                          GM
                          Toyota
                          VAG

Comment

Originally posted by quikag View Post
                            Not a bad deal if you can do it, but oversupply may hit someday.
                            Oversupply will kill this market and I can't wait for it to happen!

Comment

Oversupply will kill this market and I can't wait for it to happen!
                              I guess the bluebonnet deal went south?
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Come on Texas World Speedway !!!!

Hang in there Baby !!!

Good to hear, gave up on it about a year ago !

Thanks for the info Aggie 97.

Comment

Working...
                                X