New to me F150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to me F150

Picked up this 2014 STX a couple days after Christmas. Only 22k miles on it. Super Cab, 5.0, backup sensors, etc. So far I'm loving it considering I'm coming into it from a 96 F150. The only major change I'd like to make to it is the rear gears. It has an open diff with 3.31's in it and I want to swap it to an LS with 3.73's.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Tint!!!!

Nice ride

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
      Tint!!!!

Nice ride
      Thanks. I hope to be able to get the tint done this weekend along with installing some OEM rear wheel well liners i have sitting in the garage. I had a spray in bedliner done last week.
      "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
        It has an open diff with 3.31's in it and I want to swap it to an LS with 3.73's.
        I actually see myself one day getting rid of the 4.10's in my tremor one day. I don't hate them, but I'd like to get some mpg back out of it.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
          I actually see myself one day getting rid of the 4.10's in my tremor one day. I don't hate them, but I'd like to get some mpg back out of it.
          It is nice cruising down the highway at 70 running at about 1600rpm But I'd like some more grunt when driving around town. I want the LS no matter what. I thought about just stepping up to a 3.55 but one step isn't much of a difference. 4.10 is more than I want, so I'm thinking 3.73 would be good. Plus, since the 3.73 is a gear that you can order the dealer can reprogram the ECU for the gears. That way I don't have to buy a programmer and take the chance of the dealer being dicks and voiding my entire warranty.

Comment

Clay bar, compound buff, hand wax.
            WH

Comment

I have the exact same rig!! ���� a set of fx headlights and tail lights make all the difference..

Btw I have a hard bed cover for sale if you are interested?

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                It is nice cruising down the highway at 70 running at about 1600rpm But I'd like some more grunt when driving around town. I want the LS no matter what. I thought about just stepping up to a 3.55 but one step isn't much of a difference. 4.10 is more than I want, so I'm thinking 3.73 would be good. Plus, since the 3.73 is a gear that you can order the dealer can reprogram the ECU for the gears. That way I don't have to buy a programmer and take the chance of the dealer being dicks and voiding my entire warranty.
                Exactly.

That was one thing I liked about working for Ford (back when I did) and having friends who worked there afterwards: cash for a gear swap and they re-flashed the ECU for me.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Lookin' good!

mardyn

Comment

I have 3.73's in my F150 and I wouldn't have it any other way. It really scoots!
                    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Nice truck. Good color choice.

Comment

Originally posted by barronj View Post
                        I have 3.73's in my F150 and I wouldn't have it any other way. It really scoots!
                        I bet it does. The only thing that sux is that the 9.75 true trac and gears is almost 1k damn dollars not including the install cost.

Comment

Is the true trac the locker?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            Is the true trac the locker?
                            Not really. It's all gear operation so there are no clutches that'll eventually wear out.

Here's a vid. Well, the damn vid won't play when embeded so here's the link.

​The Detroit Truetrac is a helical-gear style performance limited slip differential that maximizes wheel traction and enhances driving and handling characte...

Comment

Nice truck. A tune really wakes these things up.
                              95 Lightning #1155/2280 - SOLD
                              93 Coupe - SOLD
                              13 5.0 F150 RCSB -DD
                              86 LX hatch - current money pit

Comment

Working...
                              X