Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They got nothing on Von!

Comment

That what the fm roads are in the area. They hold up well because they are on a foot of compacted white rock. and the state usually starts with 2 passes of oil and rock. We did county roads this way back in the 80s. There is a big burner on the oil distribution truck, it heats it up so you can pump it thru the spraybar. I was glad when we sold all of the sealcoat equipment, dirty job.

Comment

I just remembered a story from a job we did on IH30 west of Greenville. We were seal coating IH30 from county line to county line in Hunt Co. The spray rig driver was raising his rear extension boom to set up for another shot and one of the end nozzles got caught on a hose and shot a burst of hot liquid asphalt towards the passing traffic in the fast lane. It just so happened that a guy in a suburban was driving by with his window cracked. It sprayed the whole side of his truck, into the window, onto his (luckily) bald head and sunglasses and all over his pass seat.

The sealing co. paid to have his entire truck detailed and gave him a little on the side to cover the minor burns (no worse than a sunburn) that he got on his bald scalp.
        G'Day Mate

Comment

You telling me they tried to tar and feather him?

Comment

Working...
          X