I cheated on my GT4!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cheated on my GT4!!

I dropped my car off for an oil change and had emailed my sales guy a few days earlier inquiring about a new '17 Carrera S with black exterior and red/black interior and almost all the sport options with PDK. So, I show up to get my GT4 worked on and my sales guy says I can take the new 911 S for a day and see if I like it. I smelled a trap, but I did it anyway....

Holy crap, the 911 is the real deal. It did EVERYTHING really well. The refinement, smoothness, supple suspension in normal mode, quietness just rolling down the highway, wonderful visibility out of the front, almost feels like there isn't a windshield. All the latest tech stuff inside, very, very high quality everywhere. That PDK, yum. What a transmission. Butter smooth in normal mode around town, but switch it to sport or sport plus if you're nuts (it seems to keep the engine above 5,000rpm ALL THE TIME) and it's real sports car.

So, the new 3.0L twin turbo engine. What a gem. Yes, the exhaust (even in sport mode) isn't that loud, but it has a nice tone and makes nice sounds. Towards redline you get a sweet engine note. Torque seems to be everywhere above 2,000rpm. You could drive pretty quick around town and never have to go above 3,000rpm. That is the biggest difference by far (besides the PDK) compared to my GT4 is the well of torque in lower rpm. The 3.8L NA engine in the GT4 rocks above 5,000rpm to just over 7,000rpm where it starts to fall off, but below 5,000rpm....not a whole lot going on.

Anyway the 420hp 3.0L twin turbo is a FAST car. Runs low 3's 0-60 with launch mode and can trap 120mph. Feels plenty fast for 99% of what you'd ever use a car for.

Anyway, I haven't talked real numbers with the sales guy yet and I have my GT4 back in the garage, but what a fling with that beautiful '17 Carrera S.

NOTE: Sales guy said to warm the car up (I always do this anyway) and then drive it like I normally would. I asked if he knew who he was talking to and he replied that I couldn't hurt the car which was probably true. I'm not abusive but I do run cars hard once they are warm when conditions permit. Okay, I said and off I went.

Ford
    GM
    Toyota
    VAG

nice!! congratulations

Comment

Is that the 121 service road by bass pro?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Is that the 121 service road by bass pro?
        Computer generated video, but I did use that area as a template. I wasn't driving either in the video.

I heard from Sewell Cadillac that it's DFW airport property believe it or not and the airport has asked Grapevine PD to STOP patrolling that road as it's their road....

So, if you want to break the law and I'm DEFINITELY not condoning it, it's a decent stretch I've heard.
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Interesting. I work about a mile away from there.

I know that whole field on the right is owned by DFW

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            Interesting. I work about a mile away from there.

I know that whole field on the right is owned by DFW
            The road too apparently. So, Grapevine PD isn't supposed to patrol it and DFW airport police hardly ever patrol it....so...
            Ford
            GM
            Toyota
            VAG

Comment

Welcome to DFW International Airport. View flight information, security wait times, parking, shopping & dining options and more.

Welcome to DFW International Airport. View flight information, security wait times, parking, shopping & dining options and more.

There might be some truth to it. Although I can't find anything that says the local PD can't ticket you. I did find that if the city put up the traffic signs on private property that they can enforce those laws. So if the city put a stop sign in a private industrial complex, they can ticket you for rolling it.

Comment

Can't be that fast, speedometer only goes to 200 MPH.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                  Can't be that fast, speedometer only goes to 200 MPH.
                  Yeah, I think it's rated to 191mph per Porsche. That is pretty weak.
                  Ford
                  GM
                  Toyota
                  VAG

Comment

There is only one problem with me getting a 911 with the PDK.

My wife would want to drive it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                      There is only one problem with me getting a 911 with the PDK.

My wife would want to drive it.
                      That is a potential issue as I let my fiancé drive it and she thought it was sublime. She can't drive stick very well so she's only driven the GT4 a few times. I'd have to hide the keys to the Carrera.
                      Ford
                      GM
                      Toyota
                      VAG

Comment

Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Would you ever go back to a vette after having a Porsche?
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Sexy!
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

In my preparation for getting a Porsche the biggest thing I keep going back and forth on is manual v PDK. Obviously the PDK car is quicker and easier to drive, but outside of that, how do you like it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              Beautiful, thanks for sharing. Would you ever go back to a vette after having a Porsche?
                              I still have the ZR1 and don't plan to sell it. I love Vettes but I definitely now fully understand the appeal of P-cars.

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                              In my preparation for getting a Porsche the biggest thing I keep going back and forth on is manual v PDK. Obviously the PDK car is quicker and easier to drive, but outside of that, how do you like it?
                              I love the PDK and my next Porsche will have it. It's a brilliant transmission in all conditions IMHO.
                              Ford
                              GM
                              Toyota
                              VAG

Comment

Working...
                              X