Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Man forcibly removed from overbooked United Airlines flight - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man forcibly removed from overbooked United Airlines flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    Those cops were fucking idiots and Delta will pay for this one way or the other.

However, do you have a right to fly? Delta is privately owned and they can kick you off the plane if they want to. Criminal Trespass in Texas is what I assume they would use.

CRIMINAL TRESPASS. (a) A person commits an offense if the person enters or remains on or in property of another, including residential land, agricultural land, a recreational vehicle park, a building, or an aircraft or other vehicle, without effective consent and the person:
    (1) had notice that the entry was forbidden; or
    (2) received notice to depart but failed to do so.
    (b) For purposes of this section:
    (1) "Entry" means the intrusion of the entire body.
    (2) "Notice" means:
    (A) oral or written communication by the owner or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner;
    What are you thoughts on United?

Comment

A friend on fb was throwing a fit asking why this wasn't a big deal: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e411bfd4f928

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
        What are you thoughts on United?
        LOL Oops United. Looks like Delta was the other. However she violated a couple of rules or something. This poor guy just got the short straw.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
          I would think that criminal trespass would be a stretch because.
          (A) He was a paying customer.
          (B) He hadn't done anything to warrant being kicked off the plane.
          Without searching case law I'm not sure of the president for forcibly removing someone from a plane just because you need to make room. In the end I would guess it will come down to who the presiding judge is and how good each sides lawyers are.

I'm not one for more regulation but,,,,,,,, no business should be able to overbook anything.
          It would, but it fits. I have actually never noticed it said specifically airplane in there but I knew it would work. Hospitals like this one also when they want you to leave.

Total BS though if you ask me. Pay that man.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

§ 250.3 Boarding priority rules.

(a) Every carrier shall establish priority rules and criteria for determining which passengers holding confirmed reserved space shall be denied boarding on an oversold flight in the event that an insufficient number of volunteers come forward. Such rules and criteria shall reflect the obligations of the carrier set forth in §§ 250.2a and 250.2b to minimize involuntary denied boarding and to request volunteers, and shall be written in such manner as to be understandable and meaningful to the average passenger. Such rules and criteria shall not make, give, or cause any undue or unreasonable preference or advantage to any particular person or subject any particular person to any unjust or unreasonable prejudice or disadvantage in any respect whatsoever.

(b) Boarding priority factors may include, but are not limited to, the following:

(1) A passenger's time of check-in;

(2) Whether a passenger has a seat assignment before reaching the departure gate for carriers that assign seats;

(3) The fare paid by a passenger;

(4) A passenger's frequent-flyer status; and

(5) A passenger's disability or status as an unaccompanied minor.

I know it's semantics but he had already "boarded" the plane. Also the airline was giving "preference or advantage" to its employees.

Comment

I thought the same thing about the word "boarding" since he had already boarded.

Comment

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Comment

Not that I would, but I'll never give United Airlines any of my monies.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      A friend on fb was throwing a fit asking why this wasn't a big deal: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b0e411bfd4f928
                      I'm sure this was your response...

(from the article)

"Airport police officers got involved after Delta requested assistance with a passenger “who would not comply with boarding and baggage check procedures” at the gate, according to a statement sent to The Huffington Post by airport spokesman Brian Lassaline.

“When officers arrived, Delta Air Lines stated the woman could not remain on board,” Lassaline wrote. “Despite repeated requests by officers, the woman refused to leave the aircraft and had to be removed.” The woman was arrested and charges are pending, according to Lassaline."
                      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

CEO giving the middle finger.

United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz said the passenger seen in a viral video who was dragged, bloodied off his company’s plane on Sunday had “defied” security officers and had become “disruptive and belligerent,” even as some lawmakers called for an investigation into the incident.

United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz said the passenger seen in a viral video who was dragged, bloodied off his company’s plane on Sunday had “defied” security officers and had become “disruptive and belligerent,” even as some lawmakers called for an investigation into the incident.

Munoz issued a statement Monday to employees defending the airline’s widely derided actions in forcibly removing a passenger from a Chicago flight bound for Louisville. The man who was taken off the plane has not been named, but he identified himself as a doctor during the debacle and another passenger said the man said he was of Chinese descent. The man was asked to leave in order to accommodate the seating of several United crew members.

“This situation was unfortunately compounded when one of the passengers we politely asked to deplane refused and it became necessary to contact Chicago Aviation Security Officers to help,” Munoz wrote.

He added: “Treating our customers and each other with respect and dignity is at the core of who we are, and we must always remember this no matter how challenging the situation.”

BUMPED FROM A FLIGHT? KNOW YOUR RIGHTS

But “respect” and “dignity” were not among the adjectives used by members of Congress who condemned United’s handling of the incident.

“I deplore the violent removal of a passenger from a United Airlines flight this weekend,” Congressional Delegate Eleanor Holmes Norton, D-D.C., said in a Monday statement. She was set on Tuesday to call for a House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee hearing into the matter, The Washington Examiner reported.

“Airline passengers must have protections against such abusive treatment,” Norton said.

Reps. Jan Schakowsky, D-Ill., and Brendan Boyle, D-Pa., also decried the man’s treatment, with Boyle joining Holmes in calling for an investigation.

“I will not fly #United anymore. Further, it’s time for govt to investigate their repeated abuses toward passengers,” Boyle tweeted.

The incident has become particularly incendiary in China, where, due in part to the passenger’s supposed Chinese heritage, social media lit up after the footage was posted. More than 120 million users of Chinese social media app Weibo had viewed posts hashtagged #UnitedForcesPassengerOffPlane, according to the South China Morning Post.

One user, Qian Qian, wrote: “If you beat your customers, we will thrash your reputation and your market share around the world, until we hear a sincere apology from your bleeding mouth.”

Apologies, however, were not forthcoming in Munoz’s initial statement, in which he gave a summary of the incident, including United workers’ attempts to kick the man off the plane.

“When we approached one of these passengers to explain apologetically that he was being denied boarding, he raised his voice and refused to comply with crew member instructions,” Munoz wrote. “He was approached a few more times after that in order to gain his compliance to come off the aircraft, and each time he refused and became more and more disruptive and belligerent.”

“Chicago Aviation Security Officers were unable to gain his cooperation and physically removed him from the flight as he continued to resist – running back onto the aircraft in defiance of both our crew and security officials.”

Munoz later issued a public statement saying he apologized "for having to re-accommodate these customers."

A fellow passenger, Tyler Bridges, interviewed on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Monday, said the man initially appealed to United workers, saying he was a doctor and had patients to see the next morning. The next flight to Louisville wasn’t scheduled until 2 p.m. the following afternoon, Bridges said.

Comment

Comment

Due to recent events that have occurred on our flight, we are now banning all use of cell phones on our planes to ensure that this never happens again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                              What is irritating me about this story is that they keep talking about being overbooked.. Being fucking overbooked wasn't the goddamn issue. That crew that just had to be on the plane. So they sold a seat, issued a seat number, let the guy sit down, then decided they would rather have their employee in that seat for the airline's convenience.

Absolute horseshit, IMO, and I hope that guy gets fucking paid.
                              If you read the fine print on a ticket, the airlines have the authority to "bump" you for whatever reason they deem necessary, regardless if you have paid.

I have witnessed this many times, and have taken delays in order to accommodate crew members that the airline deems necessary to be on a flight. There could be many things that necessitate this, a crew member or a whole crew "time out"(for WX or maint). Inconvenience 3 or 4 people on a full flight, or canx a full 767 because of lack of crew. Happens every day many times over.

Let me add, this was not handled very well at all. In fact, this should be a lesson in how "not to handle this"

Comment

Working...
                              X