Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Walmart loss prevention stops shopper who paid for all her items and accuses her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
    You still work at the brewery? I hadn't been to that one in years.
    I'm one of their volunteers, not an actual employee. During "tours" there are usually only a couple of actual employees working. We get paid in free beer and sometimes they feed us. It's not a bad gig though because I'd probably be paying to drink somewhere else anyway.

If it's been more than a couple of years since you were there they've probably doubled in size. They just launched in Nebraska and Kansas and have been in Louisiana and Oklahoma for a while now. That and they are planning a pretty massive remodel and should be opening an actual tap house soon.

Comment

Stores that you pay for a membership at, like Costco, you agree to show your receipt as part of the contract. Even with that you still aren't legally required to show it but you can be trespassed from the store and your membership revoked. Stores like Walmart or Best Buy there is no obligation to show a receipt. You could still be trespassed from the store for failing to show it though. As has been stated without any actual proof that you have shoplifted something they open themselves up to a lawsuit for unlawful detention and possible assault charges if the put their hands on you.

Comment

Originally posted by cyclonescott View Post
        Stores that you pay for a membership at, like Costco, you agree to show your receipt as part of the contract. Even with that you still aren't legally required to show it but you can be trespassed from the store and your membership revoked. Stores like Walmart or Best Buy there is no obligation to show a receipt. You could still be trespassed from the store for failing to show it though. As has been stated without any actual proof that you have shoplifted something they open themselves up to a lawsuit for unlawful detention and possible assault charges if the put their hands on you.
        So what happens at best buy if they (inevitably) ask to see the receipt and you cruise right on by. "I aint got time for that". They will attempt to detain you at the door, or wht?
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          I'm one of their volunteers, not an actual employee. During "tours" there are usually only a couple of actual employees working. We get paid in free beer and sometimes they feed us. It's not a bad gig though because I'd probably be paying to drink somewhere else anyway.

If it's been more than a couple of years since you were there they've probably doubled in size. They just launched in Nebraska and Kansas and have been in Louisiana and Oklahoma for a while now. That and they are planning a pretty massive remodel and should be opening an actual tap house soon.
          which brewery?
          DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
            So what happens at best buy if they (inevitably) ask to see the receipt and you cruise right on by. "I aint got time for that". They will attempt to detain you at the door, or wht?
            How does a best buy employee have the authority to detain you?

I would think that as soon as they put hands on you that you could defend yourself.

Comment

I've never seen a loss prevention guy/team put there hands on someone unless they were already out of the store and they were seen stashing unpaid store product in their personal. From what I gather is if you are seen stealing and leaving the store you can be detained, but yes most of the time there will be a fight, but most of these guys are former officers or LEO's working PT jobs and you already know the letter of law doesn't apply to most of these clowns...
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

At Best Buy? They can lock the doors.

Regarding the brewery it's Rahr.

Comment

That's cool! Been many times. My office is a couple blocks up main.

Comment

my last company does their electrical work, and i was mainly the one going out there. I worked on the bottler a lot, and hooked up the new canning machine. They were by far my favorite customer. I absolutely loved going out there on service calls about 2-4 times a month.
                    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

my last company does their electrical work, and i was mainly the one going out there. I worked on the bottler a lot, and hooked up the new canning machine. They were by far my favorite customer. I absolutely loved going out there on service calls about 2-4 times a month.
                      It hasn't burned down so I guess you did a good job! Locust Cider just leased the space next to their office btw. So there will be a nice cidery right next to their taproom in the next year.

Comment

It hasn't burned down so I guess you did a good job! Locust Cider just leased the space next to their office btw. So there will be a nice cidery right next to their taproom in the next year.
                        interesting..
                        Ill be excited to check out that area in 11 months. The city is putting a lot work into the infrastructure, and that massive apartment building next door should be finished soon. If anyone could buy property over there i think it would be a great investment.
                        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

It hasn't burned down so I guess you did a good job!
                          HA!
                          Originally posted by Silverback
                          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Bad stop. You can "receipt check" anyone at the door. But we always used to mank damn sure we had a good reason as to avoid shit like this.
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

interesting..
                              Ill be excited to check out that area in 11 months. The city is putting a lot work into the infrastructure, and that massive apartment building next door should be finished soon. If anyone could buy property over there i think it would be a great investment.
                              Too late man. There are a hand full of guys that own pretty much all of South Main and have for years. They're about to cash in big. Supposing they'd be willing to sell (they aren't), the cost would be astronomical.

I just can't wait for the bars and restaurants to start popping up.

Comment

Yeah I think they are asking around $5 million per acre over there now. I only see two properties available. One is a 1 bedroom 1138 sq ft condo next to Collective for $283k. The other is a quadplex a few blocks to the west for $690k on .36 of an acre.

It would have been a great area to buy 5-10 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X