RC rocket plane video Episode 3 with y'alls input

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RC rocket plane video Episode 3 with y'alls input

So I did as much of the stuff you guys recommended on this one. More backstory, more "human interaction" and way better video and sound. No tripod yet, but I'm thill thinking on that one.
    Anyway tell me what you think about this one.

Good video!
    WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
      Good video!
      So you didn't think it was to long? I'm getting a few complaints on that. I think 20 minutes is a good episode length.

Comment

I didn't think it was too long, I watched while eating lunch..

That bus plane is wicked. I'm gonna show my kids the video..
        WRX

Comment

I actually watched it earlier before seeing this post. I think it's way better!

I'm in the air on the length topic. I prefer stuff that's between 10 and 20 minutes, personally, unless it's a really interesting topic for me. At the same time, I see other people comment that they like the longer videos. 30 minutes is about the hard limit for me as a viewer, and I will often bypass a video for that reason alone. Actually, thinking about it more, I think my favorites are between 10 and 15 min.. Nice and bite sized. Great for short breaks from work and whatnot.

I actually just unsubscribed from someone I used to really like only because all of his videos are over an hour now. And he's not interesting enough for that kind of time (IMO). It's like he's leaving in a lot of boring talking just to get more length. At the same time, his subscriber count has jumped over 400k in the last year (from under 100) so apparently it's ok for many..
          Last edited by Chili; 01-30-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
            I didn't think it was too long, I watched while eating lunch..

That bus plane is wicked. I'm gonna show my kids the video..
            Thanks man.
            I think I will always have either a bus or firetruck in my "hanger". It really does draw a crowd.

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I actually watched it earlier before seeing this post. I think it's way better!

I'm in the air on the length topic. I prefer stuff that's between 10 and 20 minutes, personally, unless it's a really interesting topic for me. At the same time, I see other people comment that they like the longer videos. 30 minutes is about the hard limit for me as a viewer, and I will often bypass a video for that reason alone. Actually, thinking about it more, I think my favorites are between 10 and 15 min.. Nice and bite sized. Great for short breaks from work and whatnot.

I actually just unsubscribed from someone I used to really like only because all of his videos are over an hour now. And he's not interesting enough for that kind of time (IMO). It's like he's leaving in a lot of boring talking just to get more length. At the same time, his subscriber count has jumped over 400k in the last year (from under 100) so apparently it's ok for many..
            Thanks again for the input. I personally like a bit longer video. But I also do my youtube watching on my big screen in the living room. I like to do it while working on something or just relaxing. So a 20-30 minute "show" is perfect for me. That way I don't have to hunt for something else to watch every 10 minutes.
            I figure things like the cuda project and detailed build videos will stay 15-20 minutes and other stuff will stay 5-10.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
              Thanks man.
              I think I will always have either a bus or firetruck in my "hanger". It really does draw a crowd.

Thanks again for the input. I personally like a bit longer video. But I also do my youtube watching on my big screen in the living room. I like to do it while working on something or just relaxing. So a 20-30 minute "show" is perfect for me. That way I don't have to hunt for something else to watch every 10 minutes.
              I figure things like the cuda project and detailed build videos will stay 15-20 minutes and other stuff will stay 5-10.
              Yeah, I get that, and I often watch on the big screen as well. But even them, i think I try to give youtube stuff more of my attention than say, a normal TV show. And for me, trying to focus longer than that just results in being distracted and missing stuff. Probably my ADD showing it's teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                Yeah, I get that, and I often watch on the big screen as well. But even them, i think I try to give youtube stuff more of my attention than say, a normal TV show. And for me, trying to focus longer than that just results in being distracted and missing stuff. Probably my ADD showing it's teeth.
                TRUE THAT.
                maybe I just do a short one and a "directors cut"

Comment

Working...
                X