At long last I obtained my dream car.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dude, im only like 645 whp lol
    Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      Let me know when you're done, I have a GT500 in the stable that wants some of that grocery get'er...

LOL @ grocery getter. And that mustang is a YouTube getter. Especially on the fails.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        And that mustang is a YouTube getter. Especially on the fails.
        I dont understand what that means lol
        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by LaserSVT View Post
          I dont understand what that means lol
          It means Making Caking.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
            It means Making Caking.
            LMFAO! I forgot about that! Man that had to be over a decade ago!...... the internet never forgets lol

Comment

Boost spike blew a charge pipe clamp apart. Never seen that happen before. I was waiting to change the driver side intake as they are a PITA to remove and was just gonna do it when I did the fuel pumps. Cleaning the engine bay and see the cheapo Vast filter broke in half too and I aint risking a turbos so slapped the new pipes on. Looks WAY better. lol
              Plus put some better SS hose clamps on the charge pipes since the ones JHM come with suck balls.

Comment

In my quest for 800 whp I always told myself that if the car ever became scary that I would be done. That day seems to have arrived even though I am still waiting on one last part. My tuner sent me a file revision today to keep the DS1 from pulling boost in cold weather. It still pulls some but if this is just "some" then I sure wouldnt want it to not pull any for cold weather. In the heat of Summer I would see 28psi targets and the car would sometimes spike 31ish PSI. Now that its cold I see it only targets 23 PSI and will only spike 25ish. Told my tuner that I can run the car in "SEND IT" MAP (104 tune) on 93 with an E40 mix and the car still has zero knock retard. So seeing as the engine is healthy he went ahead and let it eat some more. Told me go do some data logs and send them to him on my "NORMAL" MAP (93). So I am out on my 2nd log/dyno pull in Dynamic mode with the ESP off and in 3rd gear at 50 MPH the car lights up all 4 tires and went almost fully sideways. I honestly dont know if I saved the car or it saved me but we regained control pretty fast and I said "We done" lol. While I was shooting for a higher HP number it seems that 700ish wheel is more than enough to get in trouble. I am now scared to try my race MAPs..... at least for today. Car pulls like a freight train. Its managed to knock off a 2.7 0-60 and a 10.5 quarter at 131 mph. I am pretty thrilled with it. Soon the LPFPs will be here and I can throw more corn in it but I honestly dont feel the need. For a big ass luxury cruiser that weighs 5020lbs I think its fast enough.

Comment

Originally posted by stevo
                  Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

ame_substitute(1, '=LaserSVT;1759138', 'In my quest for 800 whp I always told myself that if the car ever became scary that I would be done. That day seems to have arrived even though I am still waiting on one last part. My tuner sent me a file revision today to keep the DS1 from pulling boost in cold weather. It still pulls some but if this is just "some" then I sure wouldnt want it to not pull any for cold weather. In the heat of Summer I would see 28psi targets and the car would sometimes spike 31ish PSI. Now that its cold I see it only targets 23 PSI and will only spike 25ish. Told my tuner that I can run the car in "SEND IT" MAP (104 tune) on 93 with an E40 mix and the car still has zero knock retard. So seeing as the engine is healthy he went ahead and let it eat some more. Told me go do some data logs and send them to him on my "NORMAL" MAP (93). So I am out on my 2nd log/dyno pull in Dynamic mode with the ESP off and in 3rd gear at 50 MPH the car lights up all 4 tires and went almost fully sideways. I honestly dont know if I saved the car or it saved me but we regained control pretty fast and I said "We done" lol. While I was shooting for a higher HP number it seems that 700ish wheel is more than enough to get in trouble. I am now scared to try my race MAPs..... at least for today. Car pulls like a freight train. Its managed to knock off a 2.7 0-60 and a 10.5 quarter at 131 mph. I am pretty thrilled with it. Soon the LPFPs will be here and I can throw more corn in it but I honestly dont feel the need. For a big ass luxury cruiser that weighs 5020lbs I think its fast enough.

', $ame_subbed)

Don't kill yourself in that thing.

Comment

Ill try. The last tune revision seems to have put the car over 800 wheel before the DA correction so on an actual dyno it would have hit 810ish.

I do love this bTres though. Made a little video of it:
                      I have done pretty much every modification you can do to the D4 platform cars yet the bTres remains my most favorite modification. It has allowed me to see w...

Comment

I’ll race you on dirt in my AWD POS with only 2.5 liters and 1/3rd the power any day! Venue goes live closer to you in February or March. Both our cars qualify for the same class mod AWD! I dare ya .

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                          I?ll race you on dirt in my AWD POS with only 2.5 liters and 1/3rd the power any day! Venue goes live closer to you in February or March. Both our cars qualify for the same class mod AWD! I dare ya .
                          I can't wait to see this

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            I can't wait to see this
                            I'm sure you'll never see it, but it would be a blast. Both cars would technically class the same. I should be back in the area to rallycross sometime next spring. If anyone is interested get a helmet and I have a passenger seat. I know 4bangen gives rides too, and so do lots of other participants. My AWD beater is more purpose built, and I have a lot of work to do on it over the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                              I'm sure you'll never see it, but it would be a blast. Both cars would technically class the same. I should be back in the area to rallycross sometime next spring. If anyone is interested get a helmet and I have a passenger seat. I know 4bangen gives rides too, and so do lots of other participants. My AWD beater is more purpose built, and I have a lot of work to do on it over the winter.
                              My goal is to run a faster time than you in your new car. That way I can say I'm faster than a real rally car. lol That gives me an idea, Every time I outrun a subi I'm going to mark it like a wwii fighter with the Japanese flag on the fender. lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                                Every time I outrun a subi I'm going to mark it like a wwii fighter with the Japanese flag on the fender. lol
                                Fawking awesome!
                                Originally posted by Silverback
                                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                                X