My RC Hobby is out of control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RC Hobby is out of control

So I started back up in RC a couple months back with that RC crawler...... well its gotten soooooo much worse. I have a serious issue. My home office has turned into the RC den.
    I went from a single truck to 2 trophy trucks (SBR & UDR), one super buggy (DBXL-E), 3 rock crawlers(TRX4 HY, TRX4m and some old one for my wife), street rod(Traxxas 4Tec 33 Hot Rod), drag truck (Losi ...whatever), super speed street car (Arrma Felony...smashed a curb at 85mph), pure basher (Traxxas Maxx), really fun and fast boat (Traxxas M41) , Raptor R, dirtbike (Promoto), few FPV drones(Beta FPV and Horizon), some micro FPV cars and FPV kits for the smaller cars lol
    Bought some super scale rigs like the DBXL-E and Super Baja Rey 2.0 which are stupid. They do well over 60MPH and one weighs over 35lbs! The Rigid trophy truck looks amazing flying down the road. Looks so scale... breaks lots of parts. $700 truck with $1000 in upgrades. lol The Losi stuff is much more robust but also more expensive to repair.
    The Promoto is nothing short of amazing! Its an RV bike that actually works!
    The new Traxxas Raptor Rs are my new favorite rig. So scale and they drive simply amazing! Take a beating too!
    I am no pro Youtuber but included a couple vids and a couple shots of the current RC collection!
    I got the second two Raptor Rs in the state. Mark in Dallas got the first. One of them wasnt even supposed to be sold! LOL

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Hey Bill, your shop still going? I was gonna send someone to ya if so

Comment

Ya, it happens to the best of us.

Comment

When it comes to toys when you do it, you definitely go all in. Have fun!

Comment

wow

Comment

Yup, shops still going like gang busters. We are usually booked 2 weeks out these days.

And yeah, I cant do anything small. lol I keep making friends with shop owners and then they offer me this RC stuff for mega monies off. One dude saved me $400 off the DBXL and another $300 on the SBR and another $200 off the Felony. My wife says I will go broke saving money. lol

Dirtbike and Raptor I had to pay retail on but the bikes are going for $1700+ on ebay now ($600 retail) and the Raptor Rs are already going for double their list price. Almost sold the bike for the profit but I waited so long for it and its one of the first 100 made so came with all kinds of neat extras the others wont get.
            Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by LaserSVT; 08-18-2023, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Comment

Losi Promoto is the neatest RC product I have ever owned!

Comment

what's the story on the micro crawler?

Comment

Thats one of those $50 BangGood specials. All over the Aliexpress sites too. 2wd or 4wd and comes with the little magnetic camera. Not great range and the 4x4 ones suck but the little 2wd ones work well unless you have pets.

Comment

140MPH death trap!

Comment

that's wild

Comment

Pulled that 27t pinion for a 33 and now I can do back to back 122 MPH runs in 95* temps till the batteries die and can still touch the motor and ESC. Batteries are the warmest part. lol Last few outings I must have done 50+ 1/4 mile long run up and stops and turn it around to do it again. Tells me if I throw the aero stuff back on and 1:1 gear it I should be around 170MPH!

Got the RC boat so dialed in now too that last time I brought it back it was because I saw smoke. Before I swapped the ESC and motor to a better cooling system boat would shut down 1/3 into the packs. Now they stay so cool the battery packs almost burst. lol I only has 120 amps cont to give and the motor was asking for 160 lol. Also motor only stays cool at WOT so I installed a water pump. lol
                              I do have 5000mah 100c batteries for it now so that should be more than enough! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X