Clear All

• Wicked98Snake
    replied
    LOL that is the best graph ever!

Leave a comment:

• Osiris
    replied
    Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    I was a mod on our old board as well as here...

In our Mod Forum I explained to Phil what he was getting into, in minute detail. Phil said things wouldn't change at all. I told him what was going to happen if he continued with Vertical Scope's SOP...

See, here's the kicker: our old board owner also said he was gonna stick around and help with issues, etc after the sale. Nope. that bitch bailed as soon as the check cleared. Phil proceeded to freak out when shit started going south (ads, slow load times, random banning. etc) and started banning members who had been on the site for a decade for asking questions about other boards getting Deep Six'd by Vs. He stated in the Mod Forum that if people would chill so would he. I told him that what Vs brought to the table... farming our site out for money and silencing those who were critical... violated what we were at DFWstangs. We were a family (albeit dysfunctional and perverse) and we would move on if Vs wanted to change the way things were being run.

I was then stripped of all mod priviliges, as were all the rest of the admins/mods.

By the time it was over, the entire core of the old site was here within 4 weeks. Over 1,000 members.

I even made a graphical representation of the event using a web-metrics screen shot of the old site's traffic:

Awesome post.

Leave a comment:

• Mike
    replied
    Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I hate Mike. Fuck that guy.
    So you still want rush shipping that "Mike is my hero" shirt you ordered?

Leave a comment:

• 2011GT
    replied
    Poor pirates, their world is about to get fucked.

Leave a comment:

• DON SVO
    replied
    Originally posted by ejlarson View Post
    Prozactly!

I have been around a while, and been through plenty (too many) corporate buyouts/take overs etc.

I think you guys are exactly right sadly. Robophill will prolly bleed the place dry.

In better news! There are other places on the net like pbb!
    I was a mod on our old board as well as here...

In our Mod Forum I explained to Phil what he was getting into, in minute detail. Phil said things wouldn't change at all. I told him what was going to happen if he continued with Vertical Scope's SOP...

See, here's the kicker: our old board owner also said he was gonna stick around and help with issues, etc after the sale. Nope. that bitch bailed as soon as the check cleared. Phil proceeded to freak out when shit started going south (ads, slow load times, random banning. etc) and started banning members who had been on the site for a decade for asking questions about other boards getting Deep Six'd by Vs. He stated in the Mod Forum that if people would chill so would he. I told him that what Vs brought to the table... farming our site out for money and silencing those who were critical... violated what we were at DFWstangs. We were a family (albeit dysfunctional and perverse) and we would move on if Vs wanted to change the way things were being run.

I was then stripped of all mod priviliges, as were all the rest of the admins/mods.

By the time it was over, the entire core of the old site was here within 4 weeks. Over 1,000 members.

I even made a graphical representation of the event using a web-metrics screen shot of the old site's traffic:

Leave a comment:

• momo
    replied
    i still say a moose.

Leave a comment:

• 2165 Turbo Rail
    replied
    LOL posted by 909wheeler

I'm gonna go with a Mustang.

Probably left it in DFW though.

So a bike.

Leave a comment:

• talisman
    Guest replied
    lmao, Phil doesn't even own a fucking car. No wonder he doesn't know how to handle 20k surly gearheads. Douchebag.

Leave a comment:

• SVT Lurch
    replied
    ......Never forgets!
    Originally posted by Duckie View Post
    Exactly.
    IP check? There can't be two of y'all.

Leave a comment:

• ejlarson
    replied
    Originally posted by Osiris View Post
    It's a large site, no doubt. This isn't a dick measuring contest. Right now it's all a time bomb. How much longer will PBB thrive now that Phil is in charge?
    Prozactly!

I have been around a while, and been through plenty (too many) corporate buyouts/take overs etc.

I think you guys are exactly right sadly. Robophill will prolly bleed the place dry.

In better news! There are other places on the net like pbb!

Leave a comment:

• Duckie
    replied
    ......Never forgets!
    Exactly.

Leave a comment:

• talisman
    Guest replied
    Someone who was around on the old board before Phil took over and remembered his name and brought it up. I am the one who asked Phil about dfwstangs.

......Never forgets!

Leave a comment:

• mstng86
    replied
    Someone who was around on the old board before Phil took over and remembered his name and brought it up. I am the one who asked Phil about dfwstangs.

Leave a comment:

• Duckie
    replied
    Originally posted by Osiris View Post
    Who the fuck are you?

Leave a comment:

• ejlarson
    replied
    Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    He's a Canadian, not a person.
    LOL!! #winning!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X