So heres what phil from canada just said about dfwstangs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by motoman View Post
    I'm still laughing at the fact that someone from pirate4x4 made a threat to about most of their members having a lot of guns...
    They forget that every one of us is from Texas.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

• Just went back and looked at the rubble of the old site... I always thought Flanders was a nutjob.... But holy Fuck!!! That dude is having full-on conversations online all by himself....

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Not every one, but nearly.

Comment

• I typed my last response to this thread with the tip of a .357!

Comment

• Originally posted by talisman View Post
            I typed my last response to this thread with the tip of a .357!
            I LoL'd

sent from my iphone 8 typed with an AR15

Comment

• Well if this forum isnt going to become the next Ark can we at least move it down a ways to get the DFWmustangs stuff up top like it was? I know its petty but I keep clicking this thing because I think its the back porch.
              Last edited by Lason; 01-12-2012, 11:28 AM.

Comment

I'm still laughing at the fact that someone from pirate4x4 made a threat about most of their members having a lot of guns...
                I must've missed that? Remember who it was?

Comment

• Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                  LOL you're definitely getting more ads. Take a look at http://www.dfwstangs.net/ - there are 7 ads on the front page.
                  I think we should all pitch in and buy some ad space for DFWM on DFWS
                  1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by 9volt View Post
                    All joking aside, why should everyone leave? Right now, all is well. Now, if it starts going to shit, I'll gladly jump ship and never go back. I just so see the point of getting all "Chicken Little" and running around screaming about the sky falling when I haven't seen it myself...yet.
                    I really don't see the hoopla being valid and think people here are driven more by shitstirring and hate of Phil & his company so its overblown.

Pirate4x4 is a nationwide site and far more robust in membership than Dfwstangs was. Our site was a local community based group of friends that had some members across the nation, but it was primarily a local board.

The other side of history that I didn't see mentioned was that dfwstangs was co-owned by Jose and Chris - so when Chris went off and sold the board without even talking to Jose about it, there was a betrayal of sorts. And since we all were friends, it was a betrayal to everyone. Phil and Chris didn't handle it well because neither one gave a shit. That detail doesn't seem to be mirrored in the Pirate4x4 change.

I personally think the board exodus to the new site occured because we didn't want anyone saying they "owned" the community. Chris was an absentee owner because he just kept the nuts and bolts working - he left the board to find its own direction. That wasn't what Phil/VS planned to do, so when the changes started coming then everyone recoiled because it wasn't the way things were done before.

The Pirate4x4 community is gonna be fine as I don't think there is a significant personal attachemnt to the board like we had with the old site. Unless there is some drastic event that pisses off the central core the change in ownership is just whos name is on the paperwork.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jedi View Post
                      I really don't see the hoopla being valid and think people here are driven more by shitstirring and hate of Phil & his company so its overblown.

Pirate4x4 is a nationwide site and far more robust in membership than Dfwstangs was. Our site was a local community based group of friends that had some members across the nation, but it was primarily a local board.

The other side of history that I didn't see mentioned was that dfwstangs was co-owned by Jose and Chris - so when Chris went off and sold the board without even talking to Jose about it, there was a betrayal of sorts. And since we all were friends, it was a betrayal to everyone. Phil and Chris didn't handle it well because neither one gave a shit. That detail doesn't seem to be mirrored in the Pirate4x4 change.

I personally think the board exodus to the new site occured because we didn't want anyone saying they "owned" the community. Chris was an absentee owner because he just kept the nuts and bolts working - he left the board to find its own direction. That wasn't what Phil/VS planned to do, so when the changes started coming then everyone recoiled because it wasn't the way things were done before.

The Pirate4x4 community is gonna be fine as I don't think there is a significant personal attachemnt to the board like we had with the old site. Unless there is some drastic event that pisses off the central core the change in ownership is just whos name is on the paperwork.
                      That's pretty much my point as well. Chris gave lip service until everything was ironed out, and signed off. I don't think Phil quite understood the ramifications of a loyal reader base getting hosed... maybe he's operating a bit more incognito.

I still remember the PMs and conversations in the Mod Forum between him and I over there quite well. Hopefully he has taken some of that to heart.
                      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                      dont downshift!!
                      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Very well said.
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

• I don't see the same type of action going down the Pirate as it was with DFWS. I'm sure there was a bit of discussion at Vs after that fiasco, and I'm sure they don't want Pirate to be a ghost town either.

Pirate is a great resourse, I have a login over there, but I don't know if I have ever posted. As far as the size of board, people like me that have a member name but don't post or even visit the site count as a number, but shouldn't. Hell 10 years from now, this board will have 25k members, but still have 1k that are active.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I agree with everything except for the catalyst for the exodus. Really it was the board's performance and the ads. They were just absurd, and the site was slow as hell.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'm still laughing at the fact that someone from pirate4x4 made a threat about most of their members having a lot of guns...
                              Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              although it was dumb comment They do have more guns. There are at least 3-4 brick and mortar dealers, and there are about as many internet based dealers. The more impressive part is a lot of their core guns guys are that they machine and build a lot of their own stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by 9volt View Post
                                I must've missed that? Remember who it was?
                                That would be me..

It wasn't a threat. I simply said "also".
                                Just trying to make them realize that no matter how E-Bad-Ass/Tough they feel, or how many guns they own, there are people on PBB that would put them to shame.

(If any of you locals are interested, search Zombie readiness pics in "Outdoor & Recreation").

Originally posted by MochaMike View Post
                                I know I'm a PBB Newbie, but I'd like to point a few things out (I'm not a mod there, just a user, like most of you here). So take this as you will.

The banning/no board war policy has been in effect for years.
                                I'm sure if dozens of PBB guys joined here & spammed it up a bunch your mods would do the same. (I know, you'll probably view me as one).

Remember, PBB is not the enemy here, Phil/VS is. Vent at him/VS.
                                If you feel strongly about him/VS, then post of some good points... If it gets deleted/you get banned for it, it will prove your point.

Keep in mind it's a 4x4 sight. Some crazy shit goes on there. (read characters from Deliverance getting PHDs in a lot different areas.... Many have lots of guns too).
                                Try doing some math as well: DFWM has 5k members, PBB has 200k. (so, multiply each one the e-badasses here by 40).

As for Renee, if she was a bitch, you probably deserved it.
                                She is one of the nice ones there.
                                A word of advice though, don't piss of Roxywheels. She will chew you up & spit you out.

I'm sure you guys have some cool stories of people you have f'd with, but try this one: (and yes, it was me that almost got screwed)

Link

Comment

Working...
                                X