Readers Rigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by motoman View Post
    How big is the propane tank you run and how fuel efficient (is that even the right way to ask) is it?
    I run 2 Forklift tanks, either 8 or 11 gallons each.
    1 tank usually lasts me 2 days of wheeling.
    How you drive/RPMs are a big factor.. It sucks it up quick at high RPMS.

Propane is 110 Octane, so it burns clean & well.
    IIRC you lose about 10-20% mileage if you were to keep track....
    You really have to tweak the motor for it (timing is really advanced).

Comment

Originally posted by MochaMike View Post

Is there an advantage to running propane for your application? I can't say I can ever recall running into a propane rig on a trail before.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by MochaMike View Post

Interesting, I was just about to say the same thing CJ said.

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
        Is there an advantage to running propane for your application? I can't say I can ever recall running into a propane rig on a trail before.
        If IIRC correctly, Stacy David did a build where he ran a propane system back when he was still doing the show Trucks. But that was the only time I'd seen it done.
        Originally posted by Jester
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
        He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
        Originally posted by Denny
        What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
        FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It's known as HillBilly Fuel Injection.

I'm into the set-up using JY parts for under $500 (including rebuilding stuff w/new gaskets, etc. etc.).
          It's stupid simple as well (extremely easy to tune).

Having a pre 86 motor, it can get spendy doing fuel injection.
          It wasn't until the last 2-3 years that 90s TBI Chevy motors started showing up in junkyards... Prior to that you were looking at a minimum of $1k for it.

Having a Carb offroad sucks. The motor tends to load up or stall at the worst possible moment.

Propane will run upside-down if needed.

Here is a build thread with pix of the propane stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
            I've seen your "here are my boobs" posts... Those things can earn a Bronco.
            Well, priority #1 is getting Robert's '13 GT, but he's got a laundry list of things to do to the Unlimited before we get any other new toys.

Comment

mainly its just about impossible to starve the motor for fuel. i had a friend who's truck ran on propane but he convertedc back to gas for ease of fueling up
              07 f250-family truckster
              08 Denali -baby hauler
              52 f1-rust bucket
              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                Well, priority #1 is getting Robert's '13 GT, but he's got a laundry list of things to do to the Unlimited before we get any other new toys.
                The fact that you listed a 13 GT as a priority + boobs= even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                  The fact that you listed a 13 GT as a priority + boobs= even better.

I'm on my 5th car in 2 years, so he's way overdue for his new GT.

Comment

1994 bronco
                    Mainly stock.

Comment

2001 TJ

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSTAND View Post
                        2001 TJ

That's yours?
                        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

AH, starving for fuel, of course. The only carb'd vehicle I've ever wheeled was my old '45 MB and that thing never coughed.
                          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                            That's yours?
                            Yep. I can't take credit on the build though. Some really cool people did it for me.

AH, starving for fuel, of course. The only carb'd vehicle I've ever wheeled was my old '45 MB and that thing never coughed.
                            ???????

It's fuel injected. Never had a starving for fuel problem.

Comment

Yep. I can't take credit on the build though. Some really cool people did it for me.
                              You must be Jason? I saw the entire build Search & Restore did on Powerblock TV. That's one hell of a rig you have there and you're a very lucky guy. My girlfriend submitted my truck a while back for me and I can only hope that one day I'll be picked.

Comment

???????

It's fuel injected. Never had a starving for fuel problem.
                                I think you're confused. I'm talking about why he went to propane. I also have an '01 TJ and am aware they are fuel injected.

Comment

Working...
                                X