Mudding Tire Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mudding Tire Question

I'm new to the whole 4x4 thing and plan on upgrading my tires..my truck already has a small lift...so school me on a few things....the tire size on my 02King Ranch wheels is 265/70r/17....I'm looking to buy some Hancock mudding tires size LT285/70/17 used at a very good price...will these work for my wheels and truck? My concern is that they are LT..What is considered an LT (Light Truck)?...T.I.A
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Sorry left this out it's a 02 F150 4door KR...
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!

Comment

There is not too much difference between those sizes, I would think it would b fine. The LT designation on the tires refers to the weight carrying capacity, you need to make sure the new tires can carry the weight that matches your truck's carrying capacity.

Stevo
      Originally posted by SSMAN
      ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

They will work fine.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Thank you guys!

Comment

fix your problem by jacking it up put 2.5 ton axles with 54s on it. right gears and you'll walk every hole dry.

Comment

Working...
            X