giving my truck to my son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giving my truck to my son

My boy will be 16 in two years and I'm in the market for a new one so he's getting this one. Of course he wants to lift it, tires/wheels, all the things a teenage kid wants to do to a 4wd truck.

But I'm hesitant to do anything really insane because I want it to be a safe daily for an inexperienced driver. Besides I like the way it looks now lol. What can you guys recommend I do to keep it safe and reliable yet still appeal to a kid.

The richest man in Babylon

Some gay black moto metal wheels
    ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Don't do a damn thing to it other than maintenance. Tell him if he doesn't like it he can buy his own vehicle. I wish I would have got car from my parents.
      "Yeeeeehhhhhaaaaawwwww that's my jam"

Comment

Appeal?

He should feel fortunate to get a vehicle to drive.

Comment

16 year old boy + 4x4 pickup = trouble.

Get him a cheap crapbox car, make him keep it running and in one piece for 6 months to a year, then make a decision on whether or not to let him have that truck. In that time, tell him to get a part time job and save up his money for all the times he's going to need a tow truck to pull him out of the 3 feet of mud his "buddies" talked him into driving through. Plus all the shit he's liable to break on the truck, period.
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

While I certainly see everyone's point, especially given his genetics (see thread http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=17891).

His mom and I have a few ground rules: his grades (C's aren't acceptable), he must be involved in some sort of after school program which will most likely be baseball, and during off season he must have a job to pay for his insurance.
            The richest man in Babylon

Comment

Be a nice first truck for a responsible kid. I hear they do exist. Keeping it stock will keep it more reliable. And if he wants changes, then this is where he learns.

Comment

Maybe a set of wheels and decent sound system. If he wants a lift and all that make him pay for it.
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                  Some gay black moto metal wheels
                  If your going to go black at least get a set methods instead of moto metal. Level it and wheels with just slightly bigger tires.

Comment

Working...
                  X