Couch Potato to 5k

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
    well hit my goal of getting under 30min in the 5k, got 29:48. felt like crap at mile 2. guess I shouldnt have donated blood yesterday, especially since im training for a half marathon. Kind of down on myself since I knew I could have done better but my body just didnt want to go.
    Nice work, Bro! Which half are you doing? Are you doing any speed work to get your times down?

-Jonny
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

been running with the Waco Striders on Sat mornings which is long run day. Ive been with the 2min run/1 min walk group and they pace anywhere from high 8's to 10m/min, my usual pace was around 11-13 on my own so that has helped. Also occasionally pick a route with hills or just run a fast pace 3mile during the week. They say just to build up miles on my legs and the speed will come on its own. Saturday before was my first time to ever run double digits - 10.91miles. My body could keep going but my knee wouldn't let me.
      I did look back on my runkeeper and discovered that last time I donated blood my endurance suffered, and about passed out the saturday after. As I almost did at the sprint to the finish at the 5k, so no more blood donating for now

Comment

Oh, and I guess Ill stay local and do the Miracle Match Marathon here in Waco. I'll just do the half

Comment

Originally posted by jfrog View Post
          been running with the Waco Striders on Sat mornings which is long run day. Ive been with the 2min run/1 min walk group and they pace anywhere from high 8's to 10m/min, my usual pace was around 11-13 on my own so that has helped. Also occasionally pick a route with hills or just run a fast pace 3mile during the week. They say just to build up miles on my legs and the speed will come on its own. Saturday before was my first time to ever run double digits - 10.91miles. My body could keep going but my knee wouldn't let me.
          I did look back on my runkeeper and discovered that last time I donated blood my endurance suffered, and about passed out the saturday after. As I almost did at the sprint to the finish at the 5k, so no more blood donating for now
          NICE!!! One of the guys I run with just told me about his first half. He ran it 5min/1min run/walk and said it's his fastest to date at like 2:12, I think he said. I told my wife about it and she dropped over a min/mile off her avge speed this morning. I'm going to give it a shot and see what happens.

Sorry to hear about the knee. I can't recall...are you taking joint juice or some other form of Glucosamine with Condrioten? I take the pills and my wife uses the liquid and it helps a ton!

I'm looking forward to hearing how your half goes!

-Jonny
          2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
          '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

using the joint juice, has been helping but not 100%. thinking about trying another brand with the MSM in it. aleve isnt helping anymore

Comment

Working...
            X