Dallas shoe store??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas shoe store??

anyone know of the name and location of the store that analyzes your running and shows which shoe to get? do they charge for the service?

I believe Run On and Lukes Locker do that. I don't think there is a charge...they are trying to sell you shoes. I could be wrong though.
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Run on is where I get my shoes.

Comment

Johnny is correct. It's free as well

Comment

I'm, honestly, not real clear on the purpose of this service, unless you get to try running in serveral different shoes, till you find one you like. Who is analyzing your runing? What are their qualifications? Are they giving you instruction on posture, foot strike and technique or just trying to sell you a shoe? What are they basing thier opinion on that tells them,"This is the right shoe for you."?
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Got mine at RunOn in Coppell... never did start running though

Comment

I use Luke's myself, I think both would be fine.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                I'm, honestly, not real clear on the purpose of this service, unless you get to try running in serveral different shoes, till you find one you like. Who is analyzing your runing? What are their qualifications? Are they giving you instruction on posture, foot strike and technique or just trying to sell you a shoe? What are they basing thier opinion on that tells them,"This is the right shoe for you."?
                They are not trying to correct your posture or running style. They simpley watch you run and try and cater your shoe buying process by helping you find shoes for yoru particular running style.

They do pretty well. I went through 3 pairs of shoes by myself, and I went in one time and they set me up, and they are perfect. I have had no issues.

Give it a shot. They do have a return policy.

Comment

I never would've got it either until one day, several months ago, I bought the wrong shoes at Kohls. They fit, were comfy and let a lot of air through.

Worst pain ever in my chins. Said F'it and went to Lukes based off a few people's recommendation - I can't remember the term but they checked that out. It's not like a 2 hour process. Just walk here, walk back...hmmm, try this one with more support...repeat...okay, you need this type of support - here are your options..etc.

Never had a better pair of shoes in my life. Pain I get now is generally from...

a. Pushing too hard on a run after working legs really hard in gym.
                  b. Hydration, which usually is not in my legs.
                  c. Exhaustion overall

The Kohls shoes are now just gym shoes for lifting, stair climber and bikes.

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
                    They are not trying to correct your posture or running style. They simpley watch you run and try and cater your shoe buying process by helping you find shoes for yoru particular running style.

They do pretty well. I went through 3 pairs of shoes by myself, and I went in one time and they set me up, and they are perfect. I have had no issues.

Give it a shot. They do have a return policy.
                    The best shoe for me is no shoe at all! I've tried a bunch and what worked for me is just enough to protect my feet, so I run in Vibrams.

I always had pain in my knees, shins, hips and lower back running and it always seemed so damn hard! Turns out it was my form. THIS time, I studied form, watched a ton of clips, bought my first pair of Vibrams on 3/23/11, ran about 200yrds(at 258lbs) as soon as I got them home and have been in love ever since! I had to work up to 5k slowly to let my arches, calves and feet get stronger. Last week I ran over 15miles total and run my first 5k tomorrow. I'm shooting for sub 30min.
                    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

The best shoe for me is no shoe at all! I've tried a bunch and what worked for me is just enough to protect my feet, so I run in Vibrams.

I always had pain in my knees, shins, hips and lower back running and it always seemed so damn hard! Turns out it was my form. THIS time, I studied form, watched a ton of clips, bought my first pair of Vibrams on 3/23/11, ran about 200yrds(at 258lbs) as soon as I got them home and have been in love ever since! I had to work up to 5k slowly to let my arches, calves and feet get stronger. Last week I ran over 15miles total and run my first 5k tomorrow. I'm shooting for sub 30min.
                      How did your 5K go Jonny? Fun running in a group like that eh?

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                        How did your 5K go Jonny? Fun running in a group like that eh?
                        It was fun! I ran a PB of 32.55 and came in 69th, but I think I could have come in under 30. My first half was a lot slower than usual, but I was able to keep my pace pretty even the whole race. I picked my wife up at the airport Friday night, so I didn't get to bed till about 1am...that may have had some affect. I'm excited for the June 4th race! I think I run better at night.

-Jonny
                        Last edited by Jonny00GT; 05-15-2011, 03:30 PM.
                        '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

That is pretty awesome man. Good work!

Comment

We have an new running store here in Waco now. On the Run. they recommended Nike pegasus but Im so used to running in my Nike free run. The pegasus felt real good compared to the adidas and brooks but not used to the high heel. Im a big guy so maybe it would be good for me?

Comment

Working...
                            X