Dang my ass hurts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang my ass hurts!

The wife and I just started bicycling... So far I am enjoying it. We've put 14 miles on them in the last 2 days, and my ass bones are pretty sore. Going to look at getting a different seat (or saddle as the pros call it (gotta learn to fit in!)). We ended up buying these bikes here:

Pretty happy with them. Wasn't looking to dump $500 on a bike so we went with the best we could find at Walmart. Reviews were pretty good all across the net.

honestly.... youll have to get used to it.... i have a 70 dollar seat on my bike and it still hurts my ass.... just not as bad and the more i ride the less it hurts. if youre looking for a good seat get a Specialized seat they make nice ones.

Comment

Good deal man! Keep it up. I always tell people that cycling is pretty difficult in the beginning. It's hurts like hell. But once youget past the pain you'll definitely start to reap the benefits. Good luck and keep riding!!

Comment

Me and my girlfriend did the whole bike thing, lasted us about 4 miles, after that I cleaned them up and took them back! The only way my ass can handle riding a bike anymore is if i have a tractor seat for my whole ass!

Comment

Get some padded underwear.
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
            Me and my girlfriend did the whole bike thing, lasted us about 4 miles, after that I cleaned them up and took them back! The only way my ass can handle riding a bike anymore is if i have a tractor seat for my whole ass!
            lmfao

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Get some padded underwear.
              link?

Comment

Give yourself some time on the seat. At least 3-4 weeks (20 days or so)! I know factory seats aren't always the best, but your body needs time to adjust to riding itself.

If you do decide to get new seats, bigger and/or softer doesn't mean better! They typically contribute more to numbness and....well...we'll say unwanted friction . There's a reason why you see avid cyclists with near rock hard, narrow seats. Give it some time and talk to a local shop should you decide to upgrade.

link?
                If you'd rather not go the spandex route for casual training, here's a quick example of whats available in padded versions:

(and by quick I mean no consideration of price. Just a trusted brand)
                Last edited by TruestreetTim; 07-06-2011, 11:10 AM.

Comment

I once struggled with but and neck pain and then went a different route. LOL But really when I road 15-30 miles regularly on a diamond frame it just takes a few weeks for your but to get use to it. Dont let the big puffy seats fool you either. The best seat I ever owned was a Selle titanuim with the ergo cut outs. FYI it is hot outside I just got back from about 13 miles.

Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Get use to it. It takes about a week. Also get some padded shorts. If you are modest and don't want to wear Lycra look at some baggy Fox shorts with padding.

I run the Fi'zick Tundra 00 on my mtb and Fi'zick Arione K:1 on my tri bike and road bike. All are minimalist and I guess I got enough callous on my ass now it doesn't both me.

Barring getting use to it you can always go girl and get one of these:

Originally posted by Denny
                    I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

HTFU.

It will get better, just keep riding. not much else to tell ya.

Comment

Working...
                      X