Cyclists: Need help please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice upgrade.

Might I suggest a great waterbottle? I have one on my 29er and love the ease of the jet valve (that way I dont gotta go mouth to Dirt when I hit the trails) and the insulation rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
      Nice upgrade.

Might I suggest a great waterbottle? I have one on my 29er and love the ease of the jet valve (that way I dont gotta go mouth to Dirt when I hit the trails) and the insulation rocks.

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recre...hill-25oz.aspx
      gotcha beat. We got 2 of them and they ARE great bottles. I like the jet valve.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
        Yeah, there's a big difference between just setting the seat height then sending you on your way and actually having a fitter put you on a trainer, watch you pedal, use tapes and plumb bobs, swap parts (bars, stems, etc), move cleats, etc all while measuring and monitoring.

Having a real fit done on the last bike I built definitely made a difference to me. I couldn't imagine riding 100Ks and centuries on a bike that I was not completely comfortable on.
        Yea they definitely didn't do all that... I'll look into it at some point when I have the spare $ to throw at it + whatever they say I need to make the fit correct. I don't even have cleats yet. But right now we are riding ~8 miles per ride, so once we start getting up around 15 - 20 I'll start spending a little more $ to do it right.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
          gotcha beat. We got 2 of them and they ARE great bottles. I like the jet valve.
          Two vertical thumbs for you. Now hurry up and break something on your trek so you can upgrade components.

Comment

Two vertical thumbs for you. Now hurry up and break something on your trek so you can upgrade components.

http://www.aerospoke.com/1/258/index.asp
            Shakes head

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
              Shakes head
              I cant true a wheel to save my life

Comment

I cant true a wheel to save my life
                I can't either much short of tweaking a rear wheel. I let the professionals do that. If you keep knocking a wheel out of true time for a stronger set of wheels.

Comment

Working...
                X