rehydration ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rehydration ?

This may or may not go in this forum. I work out side and trying to find some good rehydration drinks beside gatoraid and poweraid. Fiqure I'd post here cause workouts need rehydration. Its been a HOT summer.

water

Comment

When I have to cut a lot of weight I will use pedialite. But that's if I have to cut like 10 pounds of water.

Comment

I like to put a little bit of lemon juice in some ice water. Delicious.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
          water
          LOL. Dude works a road crew.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I also work outside laying brick and other mason type stuff! I mostly work by myself. So I’ll work at my own pace and take as many needed breaks as I want. I try to choke down a half of a sandwich and a banana for lunch or sometimes just trail mix. This heat really screws up my appetite but I push through it!

For drinks its gatorade or powerade until I get burned out drinking that stuff then I’ll usually just throw in some lemons or limes into my water cooler.

Also in my work truck I keep a emergency medical kit with those rehydration packets in it. Those things saved me one time! Protein bars are also good to keep in the kit, too.

Comment

Btw the best tip I can give you is "try not to get drunk drinking too much cold water or drinks!" it leads to cooling the the body down to quickly and will make you sick in this heat. It takes years of experimenting with yourself until you get use to working outside to an exact science!

Hell I've seen guys pour water over there heads in this heat and then find 'em under the shade passed the f-out! That shit is dangerous!

I'm probably not teaching you anything that you haven't already heard but thats my advice.

Comment

Water works too. Water doesn't have some of the vitamins that your body sweats out

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                  Water works too. Water doesn't have some of the vitamins that your body sweats out
                  true water will only get you so far past a forty hour work week!

my grampa was an old school construction guy and I've seen him at breakfast time pour salt on his spoon before he headed out to work. He definitely knew how to beat the heat! In his 70's he'd out work 20yr olds all day long and twice on Sunday.

Comment

Have you tried NUUN ( http://www.nuun.com/#/?exn=nuunnews ) or Accelerade ( http://pacifichealthlabs.com/accelerade.asp )? I was going to check them out. Some of the long distance runners from a forum I'm on use them for 20mile runs in the heat.

From what I've read, Scootro is right, room temp is supposed to be best and then it should be in sips, BEFORE you get thirsty. Cold shocks and tricks the body and can be uncomfortable.

The problem with sweating a lot is not just the fluid you're losing, but the salts and electrolites. Make sure you're drinking enough to have to pee every hour or 2.

-Jonny
                    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
                    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
                    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny00GT View Post
                      Have you tried NUUN ( http://www.nuun.com/#/?exn=nuunnews ) or Accelerade ( http://pacifichealthlabs.com/accelerade.asp )? I was going to check them out. Some of the long distance runners from a forum I'm on use them for 20mile runs in the heat.

From what I've read, Scootro is right, room temp is supposed to be best and then it should be in sips, BEFORE you get thirsty. Cold shocks and tricks the body and can be uncomfortable.

The problem with sweating a lot is not just the fluid you're losing, but the salts and electrolites. Make sure you're drinking enough to have to pee every hour or 2.

-Jonny
                      thats impossible to do sometimes

Comment

-Jonny

Thats my problem sometimes. I guess im not drinking enough, as i only go pee twice maybe three times each day.. and one of those is first thing in the morning... I sweat it all out..

Comment

My Dad is an old school construction guy. From my observations hydrate on beer all night long, then coffee in the morning follow by gallons of water throughout the day. Rinse, repeat.

IMHO, I've lived by nothing but water. However, it is important when doing that kind of work to have breakfast, lunch and dinner. It would be great to have a snack in between too - but I know those work environments are not really conducive to that much downtime.

Although, carrying around a little bit of jerky won't hurt anything. The good stuff, not the cheap processed crap that you see all over the place. Just gnaw on that for awhile. Does not really matter much either how hot, wet or anything it gets - it's fairly resilient.
                          Originally posted by MR EDD
                          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

-Jonny
                            Cold water is absorbed by your body much quicker than warm water.

As far as alternatives you can also go the capsule route like Hammer Nutrition's Edurolytes or Saltstick caps.

NUUN tabs are another alternative.

Personally I like Base Performance Base Electrolyte Salt and actually use it as "salt" at home when cooking. I use all the Base Performance Products. I don't get anything from recommending them (although I might next year. )

You can get Hammer at most bike shops and some may also carry Saltstick caps. I used Hammer exclusively for quite a few years, great company. I used Nuun before for a season but had so so results with it. Saltstick I haven't used but know quite a few triathletes that do.

Accelerade as mentioned above is more about feeding as well and not strictly hydration.

The best electrolyte supplement available anywhere. Endurolytes are a full spectrum electrolyte formula. Free Shipping Available! Order Today: 800-336-1977

Link for Nuun above in the other post.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Watch the color of your urine. Try to keep it light yellow to clear

Comment

Working...
                              X