Joining a Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joining a Gym

Since I started working again, I've gained quite a bit of weight. A lot of that can be contributed to my lack of discipline and forgetfulness in bringing my dinner with me on an almost daily basis and eating out 3 or more times a week, but some is also the sedentary lifestyle I live. I've thought about joining a gym to try and lose these pounds. Anybody have any complaints about LA Fitness? Are there better gyms around? Gyms with a suckhouse in the back would be perfect but I'm not sure those exist. Despite that last joke, this is a serious thread.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

I'd say just check places out and see which one feels the most comfortable and a nice staff. It has to fit your needs and schedule. I always liked 24 hour fitness.
    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Consider the areas that you're in often and check if 24 works with your schedule. Let me know if 24 is for you and I'll do the best I can to get you the best deal. You can text me at 817-899-0909. Got a badass month to month special going on right now.
      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I have a membership at LA Fit and 24 Hour. I really like 24 and honestly thinking about cancelling my LA Fit membership. Only reason why I work out at LA still is because it's 2 minutes from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
          Consider the areas that you're in often and check if 24 works with your schedule. Let me know if 24 is for you and I'll do the best I can to get you the best deal. You can text me at 817-899-0909. Got a badass month to month special going on right now.
          I'll get in touch with you tomorrow, Josh. LA is a mile away from work and 24 is on the way home and 2 miles from home (and work, for that matter). It just so happens month to month is really what I was looking at (LA has week to week) since I know how my workout practices have been in the past. Thanks!

Comment

You can get in LA Fitness for $19.99 right now with $99 down.

That's a really good deal.
            www.LockoutSupplements.com
            discount code = dfwmustangs

Comment

Originally posted by GRAYHORSE View Post
              You can get in LA Fitness for $19.99 right now with $99 down.

That's a really good deal.
              This deal was no longer offered and they wanted $249 down for $19.99. I told them I'd "think about it".

Comment

LA fitness isnt to bad at all. Nice clean facilities, good weights and machines and a lap swimming pool. Gets REALLY crowded during the day though, kind of annoying. I would wait till about 8-9 at night to go. I just signed up for crossfit so I dont go there anymore but not a bad facility at all.

Comment

I signed up with 24 hour. The promotion that Josh offered was only valid for Sport Clubs, but the two I would be going to are super sports. I had to pay a bit more, but one of my best buds also has a 24 hour membership, so he can help keep me motivated and vice versa.

Comment

costco has 2 years of 24 hour membership for a little above $300

Comment

Originally posted by pr1042 View Post
                      costco has 2 years of 24 hour membership for a little above $300
                      It's $319.99, no tax and it's for an all-club sport membership. Wouldn't have helped Geof out at all. It is however, a great membership for those that want a 2 year membership for sport level clubs.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Missed the part about the super sport...I dislike commercial gyms but at least the costco membership makes it cheap

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                          It's $319.99, no tax and it's for an all-club sport membership. Wouldn't have helped Geof out at all. It is however, a great membership for those that want a 2 year membership for sport level clubs.
                          I may need to get with you soon...
                          I think my 3yr All-Sport prepaid membership expires around March 2012(paid around $550, comes to around $15 monthly).
                          And no, I cannot extend this as I signed up too late for the renewal offer.
                          I noticed that the 3yr membership is now $649.99, which comes to around $18 monthly(could be more if processing fee's or tax is involved).
                          Otherwise, I will just do the Costco deal at $319 / 24 months = around $13 monthly.
                          I want a three year membership, if possible.

Comment

Working...
                          X