$50 Half Marathon in McKinney 2/18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $50 Half Marathon in McKinney 2/18

New deal through schwaggle! Only $36 for the race through them! (40% off) NICE!! Glad I waited!

Just hit esc if it pops up asking to join their news letter or whatever. It's through Active.com. I did it. It's legit.

OLD DEAL:

Enter SBR2012 for $10 off making it $50! That's the cheapest I've seen a half.
    This is put on by Stonebridgeracers. I've run a couple of their events and they do a decent job. This is the 3rd year for this event so I expect this will be a smallish race as far as participation, but that just means it's easier for the fast guys to place! They also have a Clidesdale/Athena division for those of us on the larger side. ;o) It's also very well supported with water stops every 2 miles and then every mile from mile 7 on. This will be a pretty challenging course, but a nice area. I've done the 10K & the 15K they put on and it's not real hilly, but it's far from flat. I'll be using it as a training run since I was supposed to run 13mi this weekend anyway and they asked the running club I'm in to participate or man some water stops.

Figured I'd save my mustang peeps some cash if anyone has the desire to run one. Good practice for the Rock N Roll coming up in March.

-Jonny
    Last edited by Jonny00GT; 12-23-2011, 09:51 AM.
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

no homo, but what are you wearing to run in the cold?

(already realizing this is bad asking a dude that runs barefoot what he does when its cold outside.....braces self to be called a pussy in 3...2...1.... )

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Haha! Man, I hate the cold, so you won't get any name calling from me!

It really depends on the temp and humidity. That moist cold kicks my butt and if it's <40deg and wet, I probably won't go or I'll throw on some Altra Adams or Vibrams.

The rule that has worked for me is to layer so you can pull stuff off if you get too warm. Anything between 30-40 I usually wear a cheap wal-mart long sleeve compression shirt and compression shorts/tights, a wicking shirt, shorts, a long sleeve pull over, shell or wind breaker and a stocking type hat pulled down over my hears. Some guys will wear one of those masks to keep their face from getting cold, but I'm not that fast! LOL!
      If it's 40-50, I'll just bite the bullet and leave the jacket at home cause it'll be too hot after the first half mile or so and I don't dig the tied around the waste soccer-mom look on me! I'll also swap out the stocking cap for a baseball hat with a light on it cause I run in the dark a lot. Anything over 50 and I also ditch the compression shirt.
      Also note worthy, I haven't needed bandaids to avoid the bloody "O" with the compression shirt, but without it, I wear that water proof tape.

Hope that helps! How's your mileage doing?

I just got my Marathon training plan and I have a feeling it's going to be brutally slow for the first couple months, compared to what I'm use to! Should get me a good base though. It's structured around my heart rate and mileage, to train my body to burn fat and be more efficient so I get lighter and faster, but it still looks like 15-13m/m pace for the first month if my estimates are right! Still, I lost 30lbs the first 4mo I started running and then none after joining the running club, so I'm all in if it'll make me loose weight again. Only thing that makes sense is, I always ran at an easy conversational pace, which is in my fat burning zone, till I started running with the faster people. My HR is constantly in the low 170s to low 180s with them, burning all sugar!

-Jonny
      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

I ran the Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving in Fort Worth. I plan on doing the 10k Cowtown Marathon in February. Elvis, it was cold on thanksgiving. I ran in my Adidas pants and a light long sleeve shirt. If the weather is warmer, I will be running in shorts and a t-shirt.
        2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
        2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
        2012 Ford Edge

Comment

SS, have you run the Cowtown before? There are some people from my running club running the Half or the full, I think. I be interested to hear how you like it.

Did you do the 5k or the 8mile trot? I hear that's a blast! We had too much going on for TG this year, but I'm in for the 8 mile next year!

-Jonny
          '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

TT was my very first marathon, but I loved it. I made the mistake of getting too far back in the pack at the beginning. I lost a good 2-3 minutes passing all of the people walking. I run with a good buddy of mine. I ran TT in 27:31. I had not planned on running, so I wasn't conditioned. I used to run long distance in jr high and high school, but that was ages ago. I have been slowly building my self up. I am currently up to a little over 5 miles.
            2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
            2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
            2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Just fwiw, a marathon entails a 26 mile run.

Comment

Originally posted by sspstang View Post
                TT was my very first marathon, but I loved it. I made the mistake of getting too far back in the pack at the beginning. I lost a good 2-3 minutes passing all of the people walking. I run with a good buddy of mine. I ran TT in 27:31. I had not planned on running, so I wasn't conditioned. I used to run long distance in jr high and high school, but that was ages ago. I have been slowly building my self up. I am currently up to a little over 5 miles.
                I think you mean 5K here...

Comment

You have to pay to run a marathon?
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    You have to pay to run a marathon?
                    You have to pay for all races

Comment

New deal through schwaggle! Only $36 for the race through them! NICE!! Glad I waited!

Just hit esc if it pops up asking to join their news letter or whatever. It's through Active.com. I did it. It's legit.
                      -Jonny
                      '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                      X