One arm stronger than the other?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One arm stronger than the other?

I noticed that on bench and incline I will lock my left elbow out before my right. Also on dumbbells I can do more reps with my left arm than the right. I am right handed so I would think it would be opposite. Should I just do a few more reps with my right arm to even them out?

keep it the same. If doing curls, start with your weak hand first. It will eventually catch up but you will always notice it. I'm left hand and my right hand is stronger on bench so I know how you feel.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Coupe View Post
      I noticed that on bench and incline I will lock my left elbow out before my right. Also on dumbbells I can do more reps with my left arm than the right. I am right handed so I would think it would be opposite. Should I just do a few more reps with my right arm to even them out?
      I am the exact same. I dont work out anymore, but everytime I do, I get this senerio.

Comment

The reason the left locks first probably isn't because it's stronger, it's more likely you're putting more weight on your right side to compensate for a weaker left side. Could also be moving differently to add a mechanical advantage.

Comment

Working...
        X